New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    And in Life na rin..

Diba minsan we have to make a decision that our gut feel says its gonna be the best move game na game ang pakiramdam mo buong buo ang loob, yet research or common sense or others' opinions say otherwise.

or Minsan naman ang sabi ng marami at based sa data available, positive, pero sa pakiramdam mo parang hindi ka kumportable..parang hindi buo ang loob mo..

Whats your take?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, it takes both. Gut feel can be verified by the scientific approach and vice versa, the scientific info you have can be supported by your gut feel. If my gut feel doesn't support me, i usually don't pursue things or dig deeper until im satisfied. With getting married, and the companies i work for, gut feel was the clincher... and I never looked back.

In business, there are few extra special people who really have the good acumen (gut feel); Henry Sy was questioned by people when he first acquired the North EDSA property in the middle of nowhere (Makati and Cubao were the sole retail centers back then). To-date, SM North EDSA is the pioneer in the mall retail industry and is among the most profitable in the SM group.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how scientific your gut is, I guess.

Some people just know how to read the game ten moves in advance of everyone else... so their "wild" moves aren't so wild when you analyze the situation after the fact.

Kumbaga... there are hundreds of thousands who follow their instincts and take the plunge, but it's only a select handful who have the brains and tenacity to make it work.

----

I would never say that buying a huge plot of land right outside the developed parts of the city is a bad decision. There is one thing people are always going to want more of... land. And if you get it at the right price, at the right time (and you don't go squandering your money on pie-in-the-sky projects in faraway places and provinces with poor medium-term returns), land can be worth more than its weight in gold.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    pag malalim ang pitaka, you can go for gut feel

pag medyo limitado ang kapital, best to do a proper business case/study out of it

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Divine revelation.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    And in Life na rin..

Diba minsan we have to make a decision that our gut feel says its gonna be the best move game na game ang pakiramdam mo buong buo ang loob, yet research or common sense or others' opinions say otherwise.

or Minsan naman ang sabi ng marami at based sa data available, positive, pero sa pakiramdam mo parang hindi ka kumportable..parang hindi buo ang loob mo..

Whats your take?
    A bit of both.

You can have all the market studies to backup your decision but in the end it is still your decision follow the data or strike out on your own direction or to take it somewhere inbetween.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    pag malalim ang pitaka, you can go for gut feel

pag medyo limitado ang kapital, best to do a proper business case/study out of it

Ito rin take ko dyan. Many of the successful entrepreneurs I know have a history of hits and misses but because they working capital to start of, they can always start a new business until they find the one that will give them the returns they want.

Sabi nga, once you reach your 1st million, it's easier to get the 2nd million. Just my thought.

Parang management din, science and art siya.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gut feel + do your homework.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    business is always by numbers. my gut feel is also based on numbers haha

we were taught that everything can be turned into mathematical equations and be solved to optimum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gut Feel or Scientific approach, in business