New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was offered a good payment term for a condo unit in the Fort area. Since I was offered a pre-selling price, I was told I can sell it in the future with good returns. I may also rent it out at a good monthly rental price. I may also decide to use it when my children goes to college, but I think Fort is a little far from the big universities.

Is buying a condo unit a good investment? If I'm going to sell it later or rent it out, how many bedrooms should I get for easier disposal?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    kung ako tatanungin ayoko nang condo unit, ang daming mga association fees diyaan na babayaran. at pag naluma na yung building paano mo na siya maibebenta at mapamana sa mga anak mo after 50 years baka gibain na yun. Tapos wala kang sariling garage or parking space bibilhin mo pa sa kanila yun, hindi siya spacious ang liit nang floor area and mahirap pag maingay ang katabi mo na unit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I was offered a good payment term for a condo unit in the Fort area. Since I was offered a pre-selling price, I was told I can sell it in the future with good returns. I may also rent it out at a good monthly rental price. I may also decide to use it when my children goes to college, but I think Fort is a little far from the big universities.

Is buying a condo unit a good investment? If I'm going to sell it later or rent it out, how many bedrooms should I get for easier disposal?
    2 bedrooms at least...huwag ka bili ng 1 BD or studio..walang kwenta

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    investment wise (planning to sell it later or having it rented out) ok sya..
    but kung para syo or as future property ng kids mo, not to good at all..

like what asb75 says.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Good investment naman ang condo basta nasa preselling period ka kumuha dahil sigurado pataas naman presyo niyan lalo na fort area.

pero kung mag iinvest ako, sa lupa nalang o kaya sa townhouse. iba kasi ang may lupa eh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Things to consider:
    - Developer, particularly their track record on delivering the condo unit on the schedule promised and their reputation for build quality. Take note also of the contractor of the developer.
    - Location vis-a-vis transport hubs/lines and main roads.
    - Parking Slot: Always get one as this will make your unit easier to rent, easier for you and your family if you use it, easier to sell later on. You can also rent the parking slot separately.
    - Look at the condo layout and density per floor. Also look at the provisions for the kitchen exhaust and if there's cross-ventilation designs to the building (DMCI is beginning to do these with their high rises).
    - How many elevators are there vis-a-vis the building height and density.
    - Check out the old projects of the developer and see how they turned out.
    - Get an estimate of the condo association dues, move-in fees, water utility. May monthly fee din if you have a parking slot.

On the condo size, it depends on the end-user and your target market for rental if you plan to rent it out. If you're in a CBD and want to rent it to office workers, then you'd be looking at a smaller condo unit with one bedroom or a studio type as these people would be looking for the cheaper rentals. Problem here is marami nang nag-offer ng small condo units all over so marami kang kalaban for rental and if you use it personally, it will be too small for you.

If your target market would be transient families or expatriates then you'd want to consider a CBD condo with two to three bedrooms that's near a park and other entertainment venues; mas mahal din ang rental so limited ang market for these. Personally i'd go with a bigger is better stance as it's more flexible and there are less people who can afford to buy the bigger condo units.

On whether you can flip it/sell it in the future with good returns, that's an iffy question since right now the market has an influx of a lot of new projects and financing is relatively attainable for prudent working class person. It's better that you decide to buy because you either plan to use it as a family place when you're in the city or when your kids go to school, or you plan to rent it out. The Fort is a little far off from the usual Ateneo-La Salle-UST-UP areas though so when your kids go to college, malamang maghihingi sila ng car plan from you. :D

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    * location location location
    * developer track record - lalo na kung pre- selling
    * parking slots - enough ba? may visitor's parking ba?
    * units per floor
    * ilan ang elevators
    * target market of the condo.. pag masyadong mura.. usually magugulo yung mga nakatira..
    * how big are the units.. kung mostly studio and 1 bedroom.. masyado madaming tao yan.. malimit mga yuppies nakatira.. madami bisita.. maingay..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ano ba okay na developer:

1.) Megaworld
    2.) DMCI
    3.) SMDC
    4.) Alpha Land

Sa Binondo area, ang dami na rin mga Condominium na tinatayo....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If im to choose yun tipong titirhan ko or ipapamana sa anak ko i'll still go for the house and lot, pero kung investment purposes its worth a try.
    My aunt she's (US citizen na), she bought a condo sa rockwell area, pre-selling nung kinuha kaya ang laki ng price difference kung ikukumpara mo ngayon. SInce bihira lang siya nauuwi ng pinas pinaparent niya muna, fortunately mga expats ang tenant niya. Usually isa lang ang nakatira sa unit niya kaya hindi las[pag and mabababoy yun unit. Per contract pa ang bayad kaya minsan yun payment for 1 year nakukuha na niya ng isang bigay, bukod pa yun bayad sa parking niya. Kaya the way i see it its a good investment in businessman perspective.

I agree with vinj ganda nung inputs niya na points to consider.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ano ba okay na developer:

1.) Megaworld
    2.) DMCI
    3.) SMDC
    4.) Alpha Land

Sa Binondo area, ang dami na rin mga Condominium na tinatayo....
    (Medyo class ang dating)
    Megaworld
    Rockwell
    Century Properties

SMDC crowded ang gawa nila, andaming units per floor. Iba dumiskarte si henry sy hindi exclusivity ang habol niya.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast