New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    is this the same co that keep on harassing people in the mall? telling them they can win big prizes,but thr truth is they just want you to go with them so they could sell you insurance... I don't think anyone should trust their money on a co. that used this kind of marketing....

sa umpisa pa lang niloloko na nila ang mga tao..if their product is that good then why don't they sell it as it is...

di pre... family first yun.... pre need din ata yun.... not sure...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    my wife and i don't go for an eduactional plan.

we preferred to save as much as we can for their tuition fees.

hindi ka pa kakaba-kaba if ever magkaproblema ang plan.

matagal tagal din yun bago mo pakinabangan. worst wala

na sila once tumuntong ng college ang anak mo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tama sila, stay away from educational plans. invest ka na lang sa stock market or kung di ka naman marunong sa mutual fund daming mutual fund na maganda ang returns.

eto yun mutual fund report form Inquirer - http://business.inq7.net/mutualfund/mutualfund.pdf

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    uitf ka na lang or look for a fund manager...
    Sir ano po yung UITF and what is a fund manager, Sorry po but I have no background in investing
    can you tell me where to start

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    dun sa mga hindi kumuha ng educational plans, kumuha ba kayo ng life insurance or pension plans nyo? diba pareho lang naman ang level of risk nun?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonimus View Post
    dun sa mga hindi kumuha ng educational plans, kumuha ba kayo ng life insurance or pension plans nyo? diba pareho lang naman ang level of risk nun?
    hindi. as per my post above the following are the differences:

a) insurance companies are regulated by the Insurance Commission, which is under the Department of Finance. pre-need companies are regulated by SEC, which is under the Department of Trade and Industry;

b) almost 3/4 of the life insurance companies here are multinational companies . Pre-need are mostly filipino owned companies.

c) in accounting, life insurance companies are required to have a risk-based capital which is in-relation with their client base so that each policy issued by life insurance companies, may part ng kanilang capital is allocated as liability. that means that all life insurance companies are solidly and financially stable. pre-need companies are not.

d) in accounting also, each life insurance company is required to have a legal reserve level, which is also in-relation to the client base. i really dont know with the pre-need companies.

recently, the insurance commission mandated all life insurance companies in the philippines to RAISE their capital to 500 million pesos, so that the stability of each life insurance company is more secure. those who cannot afford to raise that amount of capital may just sell the company and transfer the existing business to the ones who will be buying them, or just to merge with one existing life insurance company who has that capital, therefore strengthening financial capability.

hth.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    my wife and i don't go for an eduactional plan.

we preferred to save as much as we can for their tuition fees.

hindi ka pa kakaba-kaba if ever magkaproblema ang plan.

matagal tagal din yun bago mo pakinabangan. worst wala

na sila once tumuntong ng college ang anak mo.

same here. i save as much as i can now, and putting a part of my quarterly bonus as my kid's educational fund. kasi yung life insurance-educ fund na binili ko sa kanya can only be realized before he reaches college.

pero kung titignan mo, ang erpats/ermats ko, ginapang kaming tatlong magkakapatid from elementary to college without going through all of this...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by prinsipe View Post
    tama sila, stay away from educational plans. invest ka na lang sa stock market or kung di ka naman marunong sa mutual fund daming mutual fund na maganda ang returns.

eto yun mutual fund report form Inquirer - http://business.inq7.net/mutualfund/mutualfund.pdf
    i really don't think or advice doing so if it will be for your kid's future... stocks are very volatile... sa mutual fund naman medyo may time na may market corrections. i personally have lost 10k in one week during the bond and mutual fund corrections two or three months ago.

when it comes to the future of your kid, you cannot afford to gamble. dapat secure and kikita pera mo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    pero di ba karamihan ng mga educational plans ay company rin ng mga life insurance companies?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Philam looks ok since it's backed by AIG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Good educational plan or any other option