New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Trans Fats – unsaturated fats hardened in the manufacture of commercial foods like margarine. They are nutritionally similar to saturated fats, or worse as they raise blood LDL cholesterol and may also lower the HDL cholesterol. They are best avoided.

LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) = Bad cholesterol
    HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein) = Good cholesterol

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good info chikselog

Yung mga cakes & pastries nila yung zero transfat diba?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yeah. BTW that info came from my lecture in Basic Nutrition hehe. Just to prevent plagiarism.

Medyo OT: Naiisip ko rin na ginagawa na lang marketing term ang zero transfat. As you can see naman maraming items ang may ganyang label sa pakete.

At kay daling mauto ng pinoy, hehe. Zero gram transfat! Uy di nakaka-taba! There's a lot more than just the transfat.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Yeah. BTW that info came from my lecture in Basic Nutrition hehe. Just to prevent plagiarism.

Medyo OT: Naiisip ko rin na ginagawa na lang marketing term ang zero transfat. As you can see naman maraming items ang may ganyang label sa pakete.

At kay daling mauto ng pinoy, hehe. Zero gram transfat! Uy di nakaka-taba! There's a lot more than just the transfat.
    The state of California I think started this... legislated Zero Transfat on all products .. (influence ni Governor?) ... here in the Philippines I think somebody is going to file a bill na in the upcoming Congress...

basically it's about watching our health... this boils down to materials na gamit in food production, and to some point yung process... sana makaya lang ng masa.... switching to zero transfat materials may make costs higher (maybe at least in the short term? ).. since you have to switch to a new material, which most likely is more expensive...

the government would also have to have testing facilities... this is on the business side... sigurado mahal magpa test... at, sa mga food companies, they will have to absorb the cost one time lang sya per product siguro, .. sa small companies, mahirap i absorb.. sa big companies na maraming product at malaki na ang volume.. maaari walang problema...

another issue if ever is yung enforcement... BFAD (or is it now FDA) barely has enough people to do the paperwork sa mga application for registrations, etc... idadagdag pa yung pag monitor mismo sa market place.. kaya ang tendency, nakaka act lang sila kapag may complaint na ..

but zero transfat (at least, sa US context) doesn't necessarily mean the ABSENCE of transfat.. definition nun was 0.00 (not sure how many decimal points) grams per serving...

hmm.. lumalayo ata ako sa topic ng thread ..

balik sa goldilocks I think medyo na split yung focus ng may ari ng Goldilocks before kaya medyo di natutukan yung improvements nila... the owner I think also got into Blue Skies (yung biscuit manufacturer) with a partner... the partner now divested from Blue Skies (to focus in their core pharmaceutical company) and left Goldilocks alone in the venture... Goldilocks had to sell to another company the stake in Blue Skies ... so now.. balik sya sa Goldilocks focus...
    Last edited by wowiesy; July 24th, 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123