New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    No problem, i am learning from you, too. Knowledge is always a welcome gift.
    agree!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Hehe, who knows, maybe you will also consider sugarcane farming in the near future. :D
    well, based on your figures, seems to be a profitable venture!
    by the way, have you asked your father regarding molasses price per ton?

also wondering say for 1 ton of sugarcane "sticks", what's the percentage of this weight is normally transformed to molasses?
    then with that info, we can adjust the profit inclusive of the molasses

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Another cash crop I'm interested in is pepper (paminta). See here: Untitled1

Still working it out.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^

Another cash crop I'm interested in is pepper (paminta). See here: Untitled1

Still working it out.
    nice...what does it interest you in pepper farming? do you think this is also profitable business like sugarcane?

yes, we'll wait for your info anytime

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by morningbliss View Post
    well, based on your figures, seems to be a profitable venture!
    by the way, have you asked your father regarding molasses price per ton?

also wondering say for 1 ton of sugarcane "sticks", what's the percentage of this weight is normally transformed to molasses?
    then with that info, we can adjust the profit inclusive of the molasses
    Molasses ex-mill right now is at Php 4200 per ton. Majority of molasses production comes from A sugar (export). Since US mandates enforce that we export refined sugar. I really have no idea on how much molasses will a ton of cane produce since sugarcane juice must turn into raw sugar first before molasses can be extracted thru refining (hence the white sugar).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Molasses ex-mill right now is at Php 4200 per ton. Majority of molasses production comes from A sugar (export). Since US mandates enforce that we export refined sugar. I really have no idea on how much molasses will a ton of cane produce since sugarcane juice must turn into raw sugar first before molasses can be extracted thru refining (hence the white sugar).
    oh i see...good info i just realized molasses are the dark syrup byproduct of sugarcane extraction..i thought it is the cane leftovers after grinded LOL

i got an info from net regarding the conversion: "Approximately 3 to 7 tons of molasses can be produced from 100 tons of fresh sugar cane (Pérez, 1997)"
    so around 3 to 7%...not bad!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yes, a number of variables are also related to it, like sucrose content of the cane juice, and other chemical components, hence big variance in approximation.
    When you are already delivering harvested cane to the mill, the mill will furnish you a report on the chemical analysis of your cane juice. Most important factor there is the sucrose content, in percentage over a given weight. We locally call it "pureza". Higher pureza equates to more sugar (raw).

Just keep this in mind that when you see brown sugar, molasses is still present.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^

Yes, a number of variables are also related to it, like sucrose content of the cane juice, and other chemical components, hence big variance in approximation.
    When you are already delivering harvested cane to the mill, the mill will furnish you a report on the chemical analysis of your cane juice. Most important factor there is the sucrose content, in percentage over a given weight. We locally call it "pureza". Higher pureza equates to more sugar (raw).

Just keep this in mind that when you see brown sugar, molasses is still present.
    word of the day "pureza"

now i can relate brown sugar...that's why it is called unrefined meaning molasses are still present

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There are 7 types of sugar that are directly or indirectly consumed by the public. You may have noticed these in grocery stores or supermarkets. For your info lang.

See here: Welcome to All Asian Countertrade
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; September 19th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    There are 7 types of sugar that are directly or indirectly consumed by the public. You may have noticed these in grocery stores or supermarkets. For your info lang.

See here: Welcome to All Asian Countertrade
    wow...nice read! very informative.....thanks!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast