New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

then after graduating, the ones who have high level connections get the highest paying jobs (even if they have low grades)
    Padrino system. Especially apparent in the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think matagal na ito paniniwala ni uls even on the other threads may nakaaway na kami dahil dito. ADAPT TO THE SYSTEM, DON'T TRY TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM. Kung padrino system, then adapt to it... If you try to change it you will fail cause the higher powers will fight you...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    So I guess I should accept the reality then that my brain, my grades, my course, my school are all useless since I don't particularly have a lot of connections.

I never sought to topple the padrino system. It's just that maybe there's a cleaner way to do it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not useless

useful, but it's not like you're holding a lottery ticket with the winning numbers

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So I guess I should accept the reality then that my brain, my grades, my course, my school are all useless since I don't particularly have a lot of connections.

I never sought to topple the padrino system. It's just that maybe there's a cleaner way to do it.
    hhhhmm not useless. as what uls said, mas nakakaangat ka sa marami in terms of your brain, your school, and your course. use it wisely. use it para sa advantage mo pag graduate mo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It took me 7 years just to finish my studies. Imagine, I am just a graduate of BSC-Marketing from Arellano University, pero, napunta ako sa IT. Noon pa man, gusto kong kumuha ng CompSci, pero, di kaya ng budget, kasi mother ko public school teacher lang, at the same time, nagtatrabaho lang ako bilang waiter sa Hard Rock Cafe, matulungan ko lang ang ang family ko. Ang nakatulong sa akin maige ay yung nag aral ako sa STI Buendia ng Computer Programming, pagkagraduate ko sa college at the same time, working pa rin nga ako sa HRC.

Ang hirap nuon early '90s maghanap ng trabaho lalo na sa IT field at sa banks. Mga kalaban ko mga graduate ng mga prestigious schools. Ano panama ko? Halos lahat na ata ng bangko eh naapplyan ko na. Swerte ko, sa isang bank, yung mga applicants ayaw magwork ng shifting, at ako sanay na. Hayun, nakuha ako ng isang bank. Nag start ako sa kanila bilang System Operator lang, hanggang sa mapromote ako na Programmer and so on, at makapag abroad na ako. Dito na ako tumagal sa abroad. Thus yung ilang taon kong pinag aralan sa university about Marketing hindi ko nagamit, actually, till now. Pero nakatulong sa akin ang pagiging graduate, kasi mahirap talaga maghanap ng trabaho at that time kapag di ka graduate.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

then after graduating, the ones who have high level connections get the highest paying jobs (even if they have low grades)
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Padrino system. Especially apparent in the Philippines.

...Lumalaki pa ang bisyo sa ULO...Yumayabang!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it may help you start a career or it may not......

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I took up Entrepreneurship in College

It helped me a lot.. I'm lucky because I was able to study in a reputable business school. I had great professors who shared their own experiences.. I've decided to remember and apply them..

I'm an Entrepreneur now.. Got several business ventures (although small ventures pa lang)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Does Your College Course Actually Help Siginificantly in Starting Your Career?