New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Weird afternoon for me. I have an extra phone with an active prepaid smart sim. I just keep that by the bed. No one knows the number to that sim since it's really just used for data in case my main line gets busted for some reason. This afternoon i got surprised hearing the phone ring so i hurried to check who is was. A delivery guy from Borzo saying he's at Robinsons waiting for my pickup. I asked him to repeat and confirmed what he said. Well, I'm not in Robinsons and I've not requested any pickup as well. So i simply told him he dialed the wrong number. After the call, i was surprised there were already 3 different numbers calling my prepaid number and a few messages from 2 different numbers. The number whose call i answered had a text saying he's from Speedy and that he's at the Robinsons grocery already waiting for my pickup. What confused me was in the call he said Borzo but in the SMS it was Speedy. I later found out after googling that Speedy is now Borzo so he's probably still getting used to the new name. The second number who messaged me though was from someone saying he's from Borzo and asking me where i am in karangalan. This number was also attempting a call but i didn't hear so i wasn't able to speak with him but i replied to his message that he got the wrong number and person. So it's actually confusing and alarming if there's some sick person using my prepaid number and giving it out making pickup reservations as a prank. I don't know if the 2 numbers in the SMS i got were from 1 delivery person or of they're 2 different people booked by 1 sicko who used a random number and just happened to be my extra sim.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Weird afternoon for me. I have an extra phone with an active prepaid smart sim. I just keep that by the bed. No one knows the number to that sim since it's really just used for data in case my main line gets busted for some reason. This afternoon i got surprised hearing the phone ring so i hurried to check who is was. A delivery guy from Borzo saying he's at Robinsons waiting for my pickup. I asked him to repeat and confirmed what he said. Well, I'm not in Robinsons and I've not requested any pickup as well. So i simply told him he dialed the wrong number. After the call, i was surprised there were already 3 different numbers calling my prepaid number and a few messages from 2 different numbers. The number whose call i answered had a text saying he's from Speedy and that he's at the Robinsons grocery already waiting for my pickup. What confused me was in the call he said Borzo but in the SMS it was Speedy. I later found out after googling that Speedy is now Borzo so he's probably still getting used to the new name. The second number who messaged me though was from someone saying he's from Borzo and asking me where i am in karangalan. This number was also attempting a call but i didn't hear so i wasn't able to speak with him but i replied to his message that he got the wrong number and person. So it's actually confusing and alarming if there's some sick person using my prepaid number and giving it out making pickup reservations as a prank. I don't know if the 2 numbers in the SMS i got were from 1 delivery person or of they're 2 different people booked by 1 sicko who used a random number and just happened to be my extra sim.

Your prepaid number were probably refurbished number. May ari dati ng number na yan and the telco thought deactivated na yung number so they released and sell it again.

Happened to me too. I bought a prepaid globe for just bed side phone and a spare internet if my smart have no signal. Then a lot of text came in reminder of overdue loans. Then I'm receiving calls from CSR.

Nakakatawa yung isang CSR nung sinabi ko na wrong number at hindi ako yung name na hinahanap nya. Ibigay ko daw name ko para ma log sa files nila. I told him no. Hahaha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Same here. i could not book any food delivery from Grab or Foodpanda since Jan 1.
    it would cancel again and again.
    I noticed that the grab food riders na nabu-book ko lately ay multiple orders na ang hina-handle.
    Dati one order per rider lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post

call your telco and ask what's a'happenin'.
    kasi, kung hindi ka papalag ngayon, they might later on try something more adventurous.

one other possibility, is that it was an honest mistake.
    someone might have mistakenly given your number. the right number might be just a digit different from yours.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 14th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    call your telco and ask what's a'happenin'.
    kasi, kung hindi ka papalag ngayon, they might later on try something more adventurous.

one other possibility, is that it was an honest mistake.
    someone might have mistakenly given your number. the right number might be just a digit different from yours.

I chatted with Borzo/Mr. Speedy first. I told them of an incident that happened yesterday. So they asked for the phone number I used. Gave it to them 09xxxxxxx444. CSR goes hold on blah blah. Comes back and tells me that for yesterday the only number that almost matches mine was 09xxxxxx455. Gives complete name of the client and says that the pickup and delivery was successful already. I had a WTF??? moment. Imagine if let's say my name is Eric Manuel with number 09189001000 and I call because of that same issue then the CSR would tell me "It's not you sir, it was a mistake and that the intended client is Joy dela Cruz with number 091890010011." What the hell? They just gave me a name and phone number! I guess we now know which delivery service to avoid.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It seems foodpanda is having trouble with their business, many vendors are leaving foodpanda, also riders are complaining for low delivery fee. Malaki hati ng foodpanda sa vendors, dami fees and mukhang malaki din hati sa delivery riders, almost half to less than half.

A lot of juicy details in the comment section.

Sent from my EB2103 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BratPAQ; January 14th, 2022 at 04:31 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20220406-134303_1_1.jpg  
    Last edited by BratPAQ; April 6th, 2022 at 03:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Ordered pork sinigang from Max's but got bangus instead. Already filed a complaint sa Grab but then Max's contacted me directly and refunded me the 56-peso price difference thru GCash. An hour later, Grab offers me a 200-peso refund! I guess the 200 would've been Max's penalty for effing up the order kaya inunahan nila si Grab. I cancelled the complaint na lang.

Sent from my 3210 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How come Grab's rates are really high now?

Last week I tried to Grab but the rate was high so I tried Lala and it was much lower. I noticed lang namimili ang Lala drivers, had to add P50 tip for someone to get my booking. I thought it was just a surge but today I used Lala again kasi the rate of Grab to Greenhills was P200+ (it used to be P150 to P170), I checked with Lala and it was only P120!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I-flex ko lang itong kapitbahay naming mahilig magpa-deliver. Lahat na yata ng delivery app ino-orderan. Ang siste ang layo ng gate nila sa house proper mismo. Kaya sigaw ng sigaw mga riders kasi di naman marinig ang katok-katok lang sa gate. Ewan ko naman bakit di na lang magpa-install ng doorbell. Kung hindi praktikal ang proper doorbelll, marami namang nabibili ngayon na wireless doorbells. Hindi ko lang din maintindihan kung may pagka-masokista din talaga itong nag-oorder dahil malamang tinatawagan naman sa phone pero bakit inaabot ng ilang minuto bago lumabas.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast