New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I used to ignore this grocery because it did not look appealing to me until I saw FB posts that they have a lot of great finds. I think it has a low cost strategy or its target market are the masa? What blows my mind is they have QUALITY products at a low price - a rarity these days. I could buy some of the products there and sell it at a Trader Joes esque store here in the PH and people would never suspect that I bought it from a low cost store!

My favorite German chocolate (Schogetten) is sold there for only P60, IIRC it's sold at Aldi's Germany for almost the same price (<EUR1)!

In Aldi's US it's USD1.49 so it's cheaper here! I took a photo and showed my German boss how it's more expensive in the US because that's always my bilin

They also have other chocolates from Poland and Belgium that are so good. We hoarded this and will give to whoever. When I went back it was gone

These are potato chips from Spain

A few weeks ago I went to my Lola's house for lunch and they served wine. I do NOT usually drink wine but I tried it lang and really liked it. My Uncle proudly said that he got it at such a cheap price at Dali LOL! He also discovered it when he went to another gathering and that was served. I went to Dali a few days after and they don't have stock anymore.

Looks like they are gaining popularity from both word of mouth and social media! I wonder who owns Dali. Ang galing!

Now I am confused with it's positioning if it's really targeting the mass market because a good number of their products seem to cater a different demographic? I love the variety of products from different countries BUT they also have a Divisoria/China side where they sell products that deceivingly looks like popular Filipino products

They have fake Nutella, Gardenia, Jolly Cow, Zonrox, Datu Puti, UFC etc

Too bad they don't have this in the North
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 17th, 2023 at 09:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Masilip nga yan Dali grocery. There are two nearby - El Grande and Aguirre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I used to ignore this grocery because it did not look appealing to me until I saw FB posts that they have a lot of great finds. I think it has a low cost strategy or its target market are the masa? What blows my mind is they have QUALITY products at a low price - a rarity these days. I could buy some of the products there and sell it at a Trader Joes esque store here in the PH and people would never suspect that I bought it from a low cost store!

My favorite German chocolate (Schogetten) is sold there for only P60, IIRC it's sold at Aldi's Germany for almost the same price (<EUR1)!

In Aldi's US it's USD1.49 so it's cheaper here! I took a photo and showed my German boss how it's more expensive in the US because that's always my bilin

They also have other chocolates from Poland and Belgium that are so good. We hoarded this and will give to whoever. When I went back it was gone

A few weeks ago I went to my Lola's house for lunch and they served wine. I do NOT usually drink wine but I tried it lang and really liked it. My Uncle proudly said that he got it at such a cheap price at Dali LOL! He also discovered it when he went to another gathering and that was served. I went to Dali a few days after and they don't have stock anymore.

Looks like they are gaining popularity from both word of mouth and social media! I wonder who owns Dali. Ang galing!

Now I am confused with it's positioning if it's really targeting the mass market because a good number of their products seem to cater a different demographic? I love the variety of products from different countries BUT they also have a Divisoria/China side where they sell products that deceivingly looks like popular Filipino products

Matagal ko na nakikita ito. Hindi ko lang pinapasok dahil una kong nakita yung mga imitation na brands nila. lol. Masilip nga. May branch dito samin walking distance lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mura Jan iyong brunonia German beers [emoji3526].

Iyong 500 ml cans nila halos same price lang Ng San mig light in 330 ml cans.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm a bit confused. Ganito ba yung Dali Grocery? Iba pa ba itong Dali Everyday Grocery? Nagpunta kasi ako minsan sa Dali Everyday Grocery para lang syang convinience store and I don't see those products mentioned on this thread. Or maybe di ko lang nakita? screenshot_2023-01-18-01-40-59-87_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Mura Jan iyong brunonia German beers [emoji3526].

Iyong 500 ml cans nila halos same price lang Ng San mig light in 330 ml cans.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Did you like it? I didn't [emoji23] It's still Hoegaarden for me

Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Ganito ba yung Dali Grocery? Iba pa ba itong Dali Everyday Grocery? Nagpunta kasi ako minsan sa Dali Everyday Grocery para lang syang convinience store and I don't see those products mentioned on this thread. Or maybe di ko lang nakita? screenshot_2023-01-18-01-40-59-87_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    Yup that's it. You probably didn't see or recent lang sila nag sell ng imported items

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    madami na bang branches yan? san meron?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    madami na bang branches yan? san meron?
    Madami. I think mostly in the South

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yup i checked meron na din pala sa Mandaluyong sa Boni Ave. kaya lang mukhang walang parking..

Madami. I think mostly in the South

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010

German style business model daw yan so malamang dinala duto ng mga german owners.

They have an aggressive pricing strategy nga with focus on who can give the best discount in exhange for no bad orders and no need for merchandisers. Slim workforce and very good discount from suppliers or distributors translate to lower price compared to everyone else from what I heard.

Sent using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast