The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i remember last year, my cc was stolen... and guess what they bought? TWO PLASMA TVs!!! kaboom! i never had a plasma tv tapos nacharge-an ako... sheesh... no choice mom ko but to pay...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    i remember last year, my cc was stolen... and guess what they bought? TWO PLASMA TVs!!! kaboom! i never had a plasma tv tapos nacharge-an ako... sheesh... no choice mom ko but to pay...
    This is the danger of losing a credit card.

Some sales clerks/tellers are not actually checking the signatures.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    This is the danger of losing a credit card.

Some sales clerks/tellers are not actually checking the signatures.

trivia: according to visa ang mastercard, any signature that would appear sa signature slip or even a pen mark/smudge is considered a valid signature provided nandun ang ccard during the transaction...

kaya dapat kilatisin talaga ng mga saleslady/clerk ang pirma kasi pag hindi, patay na ang may-ari ng stolen card.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Astig Amex Centurion, Anodized Titanium ang card!!!!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    By law you are protected as soon as you report the loss to the issuing bank. If the transactions were processed after you reported the loss, you don't have to pay.

I lost my wallet a few years back. Had no problem with U.S.-issued cards since my AT&T Platinum CSR took care of all the necessary notifications. But a fraudulent transaction was processed with my Equitable card by an athletic shoe shop in Robinson's Galeria after I have reported the loss. Equitable reversed the charge but the store contested the reversal. So I was forced to ask my lawyers to investigate. Turned out the signature on the transaction slip was way different from my signature. So my lawyers threatened to file criminal charges against the processing clerk and the store manager. They immediately reversed the transaction.

BTW, you may want to skip signing your CCs. Instead write down on the space "PLEASE SEE SIGNATURE ON DRIVER'S LICENSE." This way, the processing clerk will have no choice but to ask for your DL to check your signature. Obviously if the photos don't match, the clerk shouldn't process the transaction.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    BTW, you may want to skip signing your CCs. Instead write down on the space "PLEASE SEE SIGNATURE ON DRIVER'S LICENSE." This way, the processing clerk will have no choice but to ask for your DL to check your signature. Obviously if the photos don't match, the clerk shouldn't process the transaction.
    Or get one of those photo credit cards...

I remember a few months ago I used my credit card without a signature. Walang anuman dun sa store clerk.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    too bad this happened...

main reason why i never upgraded my credit limit before... kahit yung bank na nag-aalok na taasan..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    .BTW, you may want to skip signing your CCs. Instead write down on the space "PLEASE SEE SIGNATURE ON DRIVER'S LICENSE." This way, the processing clerk will have no choice but to ask for your DL to check your signature. Obviously if the photos don't match, the clerk shouldn't process the transaction.
    di ko alam ito ah.. nice tip Sir..

is this allowed kahit ano CC, or depende sa issuing bank?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ba ito?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    I remember a few months ago I used my credit card without a signature. Walang anuman dun sa store clerk.
    The clerk most likely has not been victimized by unscrupulous individuals who intentionally vary their signatures just so they can contest the transaction later on.

If caught by an alert clerk, they usually claim they have more than one signature and used the wrong one unintentionally.

Credit cards [Merged]