New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Credit Card Bill Payment Habits.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I pay my whole due/bill when I get my credit card statement.

41 83.67%
  • I only pay the credit card minimum payment when I get my statement.

4 8.16%
  • I prefer to pay my credit card dues/bill in a number of payments over some months.

2 4.08%
  • I am perpetually in debt.

2 4.08%
  • The bank owns even my underwear!

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes in the U.S, my boss was able to buy a second hand van for company use in credit card.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My bills are so huge! Used a lot of it for my wedding and my wife's c-section. While I can't pay the whole thing off yet, I make it a point to pay more than the minimum amount to reduce the balance. In the meantime, tipid muna ako.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Always pay in full.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Always in full.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I pay as soon as I've used the card. Score one for electronic banking!

When I got my statement in the mail this morning I found it funny that my payments came in BEFORE the expenses. Such is the speed of online banking.

The credit card isn't there for you to buy and buy on impulse without caring about the consequences. Best to think of it as just another way of paying...so, as much as possible, don't use it if you don't have the money in your account.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    "Always pay your suppliers on time and in full" - Henry Sy of SM Supermalls Fame.

I sleep better when I have no debts.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i always use my card in most transaction i can, first to gain more points, second its handy=)

downside is, you keep on spending so much that you fail to notice how much have you been spending.

solution, lower your credit limit (set an amount that you could eventually pay in a months time) check your expenses, whats need to be bought are the necessity and necessary not just luxury=)

though i hoard some things if they are on sale, or even if they arent hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    "Always pay your suppliers on time and in full" - Henry Sy of SM Supermalls Fame.

I sleep better when I have no debts.
    +1000000

I hate the feeling of having to owe anybody anything.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    pero puro pa-consign mga tinda ni sy. kapag maninigil ka kung san san kapa papapuntahin para ka kawawa. tagal pa bago magbayad

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always pay in full, and I also make it a point to keep my credit card locked up in the safe. I rarely ever carry it with me when I go out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Credit Card Payments