New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But at just 20k, no way can you get it wholesale... you have to have a ton of cash on hand to become a wholesaler, then you'd have to find dealers to sell to... (my friends dabbled in this before... sucks to be the bottom of that particular totem pole if you're not a sari-sari store owner... )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But at just 20k, no way can you get it wholesale... you have to have a ton of cash on hand to become a wholesaler, then you'd have to find dealers to sell to... (my friends dabbled in this before... sucks to be the bottom of that particular totem pole if you're not a sari-sari store owner... )
    Actually there IS a way even if your capital is limited. You can piggyback on top-tier wholesalers, especially if you will be targetting areas a particular wholesaler is not presently servicing. Don't limit yourself to physical areas. More over, don't think of traditional dealers. There are still a lot of unserved markets in the country.

One of the top telcos is presently in the process of restructuring its direct sales channels. With the reorganization, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of opportunities that will open up for new entrants, even those with limited capital. You just have to think smart enough.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maraming kulang.

Simply knowing is no enough.

3 basic rules...yan. AKG. Alam (Knowledge), Kaya (Ability), at Gusto (Desire).

Walang mangyayari kung alam mo lang, dapat kaya mong gawin, pero....kahit kaya mong gawin....dapat gusto mo gawin.

The catalyst diyan is Oppurtunity! Oppurtunity...comes with networking. Networking....ay ang dami yan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i cant open the link from work, but i have read Kiyosaki's book.

the basic principle that i took away was to make your money work for you and use it to generate more money, instead of spending it on luxuries or liabilities (e.g. forgo the flashy car with dubs and ICE in favor of investments). pretty basic philosophy.

what he doesn't teach you is budgeting and discipline (as theveed pointed out), but more importantly, WHERE to invest to make a killing.

so what he basically is selling is the attitude and mentality that worked for him, which is important but not really earth-shattering.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dont believe in everything he says. education is still the best investment. this guy belittles lawyers, teachers, doctors and other profs.

i've been in business for so many years now and you know what, babalik ako sa school. why? there is no such thing as getting out of the rat race. if everyone reads this cashflow concept, then everyone just shifted in another rat race.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    dont believe in everything he says. education is still the best investment. this guy belittles lawyers, teachers, doctors and other profs.

i've been in business for so many years now and you know what, babalik ako sa school. why? there is no such thing as getting out of the rat race. if everyone reads this cashflow concept, then everyone just shifted in another rat race.
    I most certainly agree that education is the best investment. Kaya naman I struggle very hard to finish college. (I pay my tuition with my own money, kaya struggle para sa kin).

The flash movie is actually part of education. Learn everything we can everyday and apply what we learned on what we think is best for the situation.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Isn't common sense one of those, either you have it or you don't thingy???

:fly:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    low margins are ok if the amount of money you earn from such margins is enough to cover your expenses for the same period. Kung hindi, by the end of the day, or a certain period, aabutan ka pa rin. That's what happened with the steel milling business. Sa sobrang low margins, what they did was to offer ridiculous cash discount just to generate cash flow, just to cover their maturing obligations. However, when future obligations matures or comes due, they have to find another way to cover it. This is more known as kiting. Eventually, aabutan ka. And normally, some creditors, usually banks, end up foreclosing you, or you offer your assets as payments, called dacion en pago.

Low margins of a sold product today must be enough to cover expenses for that same day. So that by the end of the day, whatever cash is generated, is really net income, not just cash.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    Isn't common sense one of those, either you have it or you don't thingy???
    common sense... and money.
    besides, common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen says d'ol albert einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    dont believe in everything he says. education is still the best investment. this guy belittles lawyers, teachers, doctors and other profs. i've been in business for so many years now and you know what, babalik ako sa school.
    di naman sir oldblue. he's not "totally" against education. it's the antiquated method or ideologies that he's up against. I too am for pro-reformation sa lahat ng bagay that's proven ineffective in our times. we need to adapt and change, and so does our education especially dito sa Pinas.

again, helen keller once said that "college isnīt the place to go for ideas". while mark twain nodded "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education". cash flow> will it make you rich? naah. but learning your life's lessons most probably will. ask any mogul & tycoon, they've got plenty of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cash Flow: Will it make you rich?