New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Saka I don't believed na since car is your "passion" you should work na in car dealership or In automative industry.

Ano bang passion mo Sa car? You loved cars, everybody here as well. Pero hanggang doon na lang yun.

Go where the money is or to where you can learn more.

But I'll go for the money. Career Shift Advice

Hinde rin ako naniniwala na do something that you enjoy so it won't feel like working.

When was the late time you know somebody na ginawa yan?

Either money or experience to get more money. At the end of the day it's all about money.
    I hate to say it (not that I hate you bro),- but I agree with you , that at the end of the day,- it is all about money,- a necessary evil ..... Something that should not be fought over by partners in life.

We work hard to have a better life for ourselves and our kids ....

I have profound respect for people who know and are masters of spinning money to make a lot lot more of that glitter ....

Degree? Academic achievement? Latin Honors? - Nah! These are just trimmings on the person. What are the most important things are his substance and his ability to provide for himself and his family....

My take?- consider not peddling your talent and time.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.0K:poop:
    Last edited by CVT; March 27th, 2015 at 09:27 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If you decide to be an employee for life, you need to play corporate politics very well to succeed. Not everyone will thrive as an employee. I have colleagues who love the competition and play the game so they went up the ladder fast.

Money is important but it is not my number one priority now. I deal with a lower pay working for my boss whom I respect so much and the convenience of working near home. So consider geography din. The commute to work adds to your stress level din.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 27th, 2015 at 09:37 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    If you decide to be an employee for life, you need to play corporate politics very well to succeed. Not everyone will thrive as an employee. I have colleagues who love the competition and play the game so they went up the ladder fast.
    That is off-tangent,- "loving what you do/work"... Deym! ...

I'd love to squeeze the necks of these kiss-ass tight and easy.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.0K:poop:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Money is important but it is not my number one priority now. I deal with a lower pay working for my boss whom I respect so much and the convenience of working near home. So consider geography din. The commute to work adds to your stress level din.
    Easy for you to say since your parents are there to help you out.

Imagine living solely with your salary now. Would you be able to buy a new car in cash? Pay for the maintenance? Pay monthly mortgage or probably pay a monthly housing rent, how about spending for your weekly social life? Monthly food expense? Cellphone load/ postpaid on top of that savings for future.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    But I'll go for the money. Career Shift Advice
    Ako rin shadow, at the end of the day, it's all about the money. TS is just starting out, pera na muna. Basic security na muna.

Easy to say that money isn't everything IF you have it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    If you love what you do and earning well, consider yourself lucky. A lot of people followed their passion and ended up hating it because it either didn't earn enough or it became a "job".

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    *99 moves
    I like what you said.
    And I agree.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    If you love what you do and earning well, consider yourself lucky. A lot of people followed their passion and ended up hating it because it either didn't earn enough or it became a "job".

just to add an example, kasi dami ko na din napagawa kay mel casaba, hilig talga niya magmekaniko. pero habang kausap ko siya, sabi niya nagsasawa na siya at parang taling tali na siya.

*99moves, you hit the g-spot, paps.

to add sir TS, ang passion ko magpaligaya ng chicks, hehehehe, so ibig bang sabihin sa CASA/**** Industry and etc. na din akong magwork?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    go where the money is....

a couple of years ago, i have the same problem. what i did was to assess myself and my weaknesses. i chose money first then chose the work that would help me improve on my weaknesses and observe how businesses operate(really helped a lot when i started my business)

right now i have 2 small businesses that are stable and doing ok(we tried 2 others that failed) everything is a learning experience and you will learn a lot if you tried to build a business from the ground up.

save up as much as you can while working so you wont have to ask funds from your parents.

the most important thing you need to learn is discipline so be patient.as much as possible, stick to your plan and timetable. factor in your age and available resources.

and i hope you would succeed whatever decision you chose to take!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    No two persons are the same. What is applicable to the gander may not be so to the goose. In the course of life i have changed or shifted career courses several times, and i realize this- with aid now of hindsight- that it is not all about money after all. It also about achieving your fullest potential as a human being. Although it is not easy to make life changing decisions, but you have got to make it because you need to, sooner or later you will reach a plateau and you will get stuck in life and you will end up existing, instead of living notwithstanding the amount of money *(if you can count it, you are not rich) you have.*Success, whoever said this is right, is measured not so much by the position that one has reached but by the obstacles that he has overcome while trying to succeed. The lessons you learned in getting there, *the experience you gained, are far more valuable than money or what it can ever buy. Find your passion, whatever it is, you can achieve it. H.L. Neri said,*if you love your work, your desire to do it
    will be like a wind to propel your ship with much less fuel.
    Now, speaking of ships, I know some people who own a fleet, not of cars, but of ships, and they are plying international waters, BUT they're not happy. Why? though money greatly helps, it did not bring them happiness anymore. This may sound hackneyed, but, kung saan ka masaya, go for it. We call it- Pursuit of Happyness.*

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast