New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I am in the IT field, and baka may nakaka alam nang sagot dito.
    Balak ko sana mag masters degree, but pwede ba ung 2 years diploma course lang? Or dapat degree holder (4yrs) lang ang pwede mag masterals?

thanks
    Last edited by lm723; June 5th, 2007 at 08:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    afaik, you need to have an undergrad degree to take up Masters. Wala pa akong naririnig na master's program na ang requirement nila ay non-undergrad degree.

btw masters degree ang tawag hindi masteral. no such thing as masteral. Cheers!

undergrad degree -> ibig kong sabihin bachelor's degree.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    No. You need a Bachelor's Degree to qualify.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with HIFI: you need a bachelor's degree if you want to take up a Masters Degree.

However, IMO schools should give some sort of consideration for people who have not finished their bachelors yet have enough knowledge and professional exposure through years of experience, self-improvement and trainings. I personally know four people who did not finish their bachelors degree but might easily trump persons who have a bachelor's degree on their chosen field of experience anytime of day.

Maybe in the future, schools can give some sort of qualifying exam to folks who have tons of experience and practical knowledge but do not have BA or BS under their belt.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Onga no, sorry. Masters Degree. Mod please change topic. Na edit ko na ung message ko.

Sana nga nicolodeon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First, what's your diploma course?

Second, what's your level of experience already?

Some schools like Ateneo can consider you IF you have sufficient experience already (like you are a Sr. Manager and above) or an entrepreneur.

Else, you might want to consider completing a baccalaureate program first rather than take a masteral degree.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    A 2-yr degree, sounds like a vocational course or in better words, Associate Degree. To get to Masters, got to get a Bachelor's degree.

Some schools may have ladderized curricula, which could put you at 3rd yr level, finishing the course in half the time. Of course, you must know the basics. Then you can take a shot at Masters.

What course are you going for? Is it more on the management or on the scientific/eng'g side?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT:

For some companies, issue sa promotion ang hinde tapos ng 4-year course. In one company that I used to work fork, may office mate ako that was highly qualified para maging jr. manager due to his experience, practical knowledge and his knack of finding solutions to seemingly impossible problems. Kaso, he was passed up twice kase hinde daw sya nag-graduate ng college.

Now, he's a multi-millionare based in the US. He used his experince and savy to set up a biz.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    in most cases, you cannot.

why?

i will answer you from the MBA point-of-view.

because you have to have a foundation of the "basic" subjects and/or experience. for example, lasalle/ateneo/aim mba offers the modular method of teaching mba, patterned from the harvard busines school.

- you won't be able to keep up with the group discussions if you don't have experience working as a manager.

- modular subjects equates to fast-paced teaching. i.e., you will take up financial management as one of your subjects, and believe it or not, you will discuss six/eight units worth of undergraduate financial management in just two-three sessions. if you don't have background, then you're in a deep pool of natural plant fertilizer.

in some cases, yes.

in ateneo business school, they accept entrepreneurs and senior managers, but has to come under close scrutiny. i have a friend who took the entrepreneur root.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This clear things up, thanks a lot everyone.

If ever, sa side ako nang engineering field (IT). Currently nasa 8 years of IT experience pa lang ako.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can a 2 yrs diploma course take up masterals?