New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Guys,

Can anybody share tips on buying shares of stock

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Find a ligitimate broker. They know whose the losser and winner.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    read a lot, research people's different investment styles and philosophies, listen to advice, but above all MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

some people make sense, some people dunung-dunungan lang, some people are knowledgeable enough but they have their own biases and hidden agendas. so listen, keep an own mind, but make your own decisions on companies, sectors, markets or investment vehicles that you believe in.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Are you based in the Philippines? Getting advice from brokers by the way is the worst advice you can get. WHY? Brokers make money on your commissions, meaning they will tell you to buy this and that even though it has nothing just to generate commissions... If you lose money they still make money on commissions... Tama sila, you are the only person who would care about your money neither other traders would care since trading is a war, we are just taking each others money cause for every winner there will also be an equal loser. If you are in the Philippines, I highly recommend you study technical analysis. I know a group teaching people the basics of technical analysis (www.absolutetraders.com).... GOOD LUCK!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    get a broker to take down your calls but do a lot of research. read.

study technical analysis with absolutetraders.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Are you based in the Philippines? Getting advice from brokers by the way is the worst advice you can get. WHY? Brokers make money on your commissions, meaning they will tell you to buy this and that even though it has nothing just to generate commissions... If you lose money they still make money on commissions... Tama sila, you are the only person who would care about your money neither other traders would care since trading is a war, we are just taking each others money cause for every winner there will also be an equal loser. If you are in the Philippines, I highly recommend you study technical analysis. I know a group teaching people the basics of technical analysis (www.absolutetraders.com).... GOOD LUCK!
    very right!

my advice: Don't buy stocks right now if you want immediate returns on your investments. the market is very volatile right now thus it's very hard to time your entry and exit points.buy stocks right now ONLY if you're a long term investor, meaning you're willing to hold onto your stocks for 1-2 years (maybe even longer given this credit crunch in the U.S and rice crisis here)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Philippine market is ZZZzzzzz.... Mas ok talaga US markets, so if you can trade it I advise trading the US markets na lang. Also add to that you can short sell stocks in the US and commissions are much cheaper than the local stock market....

Buying Stocks