New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

DISCUSS.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    weird yong writer.she doesnt know what she's talking about.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I agree that the husband should normally be the bread winner of the family and that he should strive hard to give his children a good future.

But I don’t think most women share the writer’s sentiments, I’m sure there are a lot of women out there who gets a sense of fulfillment by excelling in their own career, although not necessarily because of money. Being a housewife is not at all bad, I think it also serves a noble purpose if the intention is to serve the family and make sure the children will grow up as good, productive citizens, but to be a housewife with the end in mind of just being able to “have fun” and enjoying selfish pleasures (too much shopping, squandering money unnecessarily) is well, selfish. My two cents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i surely woudn't want that kind of woman as a wife...

law of gene tranfer...

if a male would marry a stubborn woman with no/low education and a stup!d-point-of-view... eh di ang anak namin would likely have a 50% chance of being like her.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Don't bash the writer. Baka naman it came from a tongue-in-cheek type or satirical magazine. O kaya April Fool's joke.

Just for the sake of argument, yes, traditionally men are the breadwinners. But it is a joint decision between man and wife whether only the man would work. But a college degree, while not required for family life and housework, helps in cases for example, when the man loses his job, becomes disabled, and the woman then needs to go back into the work force. And in any case, a college life is a good experience. Meeting people, learning new things, learning how to think, etc.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Different strokes for different folks. For me, do want you want and what works for you. That is why we have freedom. Exercise it while you have it... and stop your whining!

If you want that kind of attitude in a woman... I have no quarrel with you. Just don't force something on me which I don't want! For me there's nothing more stimulating than a woman with brains. Otherwise just get somebody you can pay for the company & ***. It's cheaper! :peace:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mmm...she's cute :inlove:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^^^thats all there is to it... :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    2 words: meal-ticket missus

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post