New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ang hindi ko gets why Tessie Sy, what does she have to do with BEA in HK? ALam ko may ari nyan si David Li and Li Ka Shing has big stakes in it. Henry Sy and family are shrimps compared to these Hong Kong magnates.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i'm not insinuating anything else nor am i rooting for them but i'm sure you're aware that the sy family is no stranger to a david/goliath scenario

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Baka Monseratto was referring to Metrobank when he posted "Baka si Tessie Sy nagkakalat ng rumour"

But if he was referring to the HK bank, i doubt it if the Sys can go up against Li Ka Shing.

We know what the Sys are capable of locally... sila ang top of the food chain dito.

They eat others, nobody here can eat them. Kumbaga they are the biggest fish in the pond.

Pero ibang usapan na pag tinapat mo sila sa HK billionaires.

It's like nilipat mo ung biggest fish in the pond into a lake where there are bigger fish.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Baka Monseratto was referring to Metrobank when he posted "Baka si Tessie Sy nagkakalat ng rumour"

We know what the Sys are capable of locally... sila ang top of the food chain dito.

They eat others, nobody here can eat them. Kumbaga they are the biggest fish in the pond.
    Yep, I was reffering to MetroBank.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My bad, kala ko yung Bank of East Asia in Hong Kong. And no, the bankrun was cause by Metrobanks faulty announcement and not by Henry Sy or any other. Wrong use of English in their PSE disclosure citing that they are filing for recievership, di nila nasabi na they are filing receievership for Lehman Brothers's local subsidiaries to possibly get back some of the money that is owed to them...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    paninira lang yan

kayang kaya i-handle ng Metrobank mga withdrawals.

And even if sobra laki ang withdrawals, the Bangko Sentral will come to the aid of Metrobank.

Metrobank is fine.

It just has exposure to Lehman... P2.4B lang naman... no big deal.
    That's what Metrobank say is the extent of their exposure.

But who knows? The Bangko Sentral? If they know, they won't tell for fear of a bank run.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ya they definitely won't tell the public if there really is more damage...

but here's the thing... i'm sure the BSP will not allow Metrobank to fail.

Metrobank is our version of Citibank or JP Morgan...

It's too big to fail.

hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So yep folks you now know the secret to business BECOME TO BIG TO FAIL. And once you are too big take all the risks you can take if you win you keep it if you lose you will get bailed out

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

tama

you have to be so big and so interconnected with everyone, that if you fail, you drag the whole freakin world down with you.

that makes you too big to fail.

that entitles you to a bailout everytime you screw up.

hehehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
bank run?