New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What do you do?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Withdraw what you can and wait for their notice?

1 2.94%
  • Advise them immediately?

32 94.12%
  • Withdraw and return when notified?

1 2.94%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    you did not ask for the money and the bank did not contact you or even get the money back... so its yours na. id say get the money...
    "Take It! Take It!"

Sue the bank, tell them due to their mistake, it caused you so much stress...

Seriously, contact the bank as soon as possible, this could be a fraud/scam perpetrated by someone and they are using your account, or just plain mistake and that money should go to someone who really needs it...like me...

sayang, kung sa kalye lang ba yang 1.5M na yan e pude na itago...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Report it to the bank.

Just want to share this.... (though di naman same case)

In China, an ATM glitch brings life in prison
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3954259.story

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Check mo mabuti at baka para sa iyo talaga yan..

Got this from Reuters News Website...

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...38104120080220

NY man charged after bank error lets him take $2 mln
    Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:47pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man who discovered that millions of dollars had mysteriously appeared in his bank account, and withdrew more than $2 million, has been arrested on charges of grand larceny, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Benjamin Lovell, 48, pleaded innocent on Tuesday to charges that he withdrew money from a Commerce Bank account that had been opened by someone with the same name, prosecutors said.

The account belonged to Woodlawn Trustees Inc, a Delaware property management company, and was listed under the name of its finance director, who is also named Benjamin Lovell, court papers said.

Lovell had just $800 in his own Commerce Bank account when he went to make a deposit, but a teller, mistaking the Woodlawn account for Lovell's personal account, told him that his account contained more than $5 million, prosecutors said.

Lovell made multiple withdrawals even though he knew that the money was not his, prosecutors said. He used the money to buy jewelry for his girlfriend and to make several investments, they said.

Commerce Bank and Woodlawn Trustees did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Legal Aid attorney representing Lovell could not be reached for comment either.

Lovell is being held on $3 million bail. He faces up to 25 years behind bars if convicted, prosecutors said.

(Reporting by Edith Honan, Editing by Sandra Maler)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    IMO you should inform the bank and return it. I agree to chilli, maybe someone needs that money really bad and that amount cannot be easily earned. I know sir Fireblade that you have a good heart and you'll do the right thing and save yourself from future hassles.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The money is not yours, plain and simple. Just notify the bank of the error. Malay mo, although suntok sa buwan, baka merong nagpamana ng pera sa yo or probably the bank will retain / credit 10% of that amount as a reward for being honest.

Money can buy the most cozy and comfortable bed but it cannot buy you a good night sleep.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Mapa-Balance Inquiry o Withdraw pa man ang gawin mo, malalaman pa rin ng Bangko kung ano ang ginagawa mo.

Pero kung ano man ang gusto mong gawin, nasa sa iyo na iyon... At pag winidraw mo ang pera, heto ang bank account number ko.

RCBC Account No. 73-1232-1003 HO Branch.

Paki-remit mo naman sa account ko kahit P20 lang. Para may pantaya ako sa SuperLotto 6/49! 207 M Pesos na ang magiging Jackpot prize sa Huwebes, March 27, 2008.

Di bale pag tumama ako, ako na ang magbabalik ng 1.5 Million sa Bangko. Okey ba?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Admittedly, I had a good sleep last night and have concluded to just call the bank and report the discrepancy. I called my local bank (sana man lang refund niyo ako sa pagtawag sa inyo !!!!) and told them about the glitch. Gave them all the details and bang, got an explanation which I find reasonable. The bank here in the US which is Capitol 1 did not convert the peso account to its dollar equivalent. Meaning there was a 1 = 1 conversion and they will notify Capitol 1 immediately. I also sent an email to Capitol 1 to call their attention and gave them my contact details.

Here is the email :

Good morning.

I had a transaction earlier with one of your ATMs here in Bergenfield NJ and i was most surprised with what I saw. The balance transaction receipt says that I have at least $ 37,610.00 or about $ 36,000 more than my expected balance. I could have easily withdrawn a portion but I opted not to as this is not mine. Your bank made the mistake of not converting my account from a bank overseas to US currency in the right manner. I called my bank in the Philippines and the amount is correct but the currency is not. Meaning, the amount was not converted to USD properly. I am calling your attention so as to avoid any inconvenience to both parties and for you to avoid losses. I know that this has happened before with some banks but I am not in the business of claiming what is not mine.

The transaction receipt is with me dated 3/19/08, time 9:17pm , terminal NFK482T and location is 20 Washington Ave Dumont.

I expect a reply from you soonest so I may proceed with my regular transaction.
    I am here in the US for business / vacation and currently staying with my brother. You may reach me through 201-3855218.

Best,

Bong Fajardo Jr.
    President / General Manager
    Call Center Learning Institute Corporation
    P. 8905142 / 8905221 (Tel / Fax)
    Mobile 0920-9001002 / 0922-8905142

Lets see how they will reply.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Oh yeah, I just sold my car last March 14 or a day before I left the Philippines and I am on the lookout for a new purchase. Yes, it was sold through tsikot ads, thanks tsikot!

It just crossed my mind, the proceeds of my 05 Ford Escape transaction plus this amount.....my dream Ford Explorer (kahit di na Eddie Bauer!). But every time i will ride it, nah this is not mine.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This is a no brainer. Report it and return it.

Keeping what is not rightfully yours is wrong.

If you have children.. Would you teach that to your kids?

I guess not.

Gulat ako sa mga reaction/opinion dito.. Sinulsulan pa nang mali.

Tsktsk.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Oo nga eh..........

Hayyyyyy, buhay!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Bank just credited 1.5M in my account and its not Mine!