New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    just heard over the news.. Banco Filipino shutting down

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Moreover, he said Banco Filipino has also engaged in unsound lending practices. Of the P4.1 billion worth of outstanding loans it has extended, at least half were lent to entities related to officers and owners of the bank.
    No duh, half of your loans are insider loans hahahahaha. So basically they (the owners) are using Banco Filipino as their credit card. MASSIVE FAIL!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naalala ko when I was a kid, dyan sa BF nilagay ng parents ko savings para sa aming magkapatid. May free Lego keychain for kiddie accounts

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No duh, half of your loans are insider loans hahahahaha. So basically they (the owners) are using Banco Filipino as their credit card. MASSIVE FAIL!

sabi ko na nga those people should NOT be in the banking
    Last edited by uls; March 17th, 2011 at 11:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.gmanews.tv/video/75936/nt...anch-ng-bangko

Tawa ako dun sa isang depositor (yung Sy apelyido) dapat daw sabihin ng management sa kanila na mangyayari yun. Eh di kung ginawa yung ng management lalo kang mag panic at magkakaroon ng BANK RUN.

Kaya next time more than saving, know WHERE to save!

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I still remember having a Happy Savers Club account and card, in which, years ago, my account is dormant.

Whenever it's my birthday, Banco Filipino would give me a birthday gift (speaking of benefits??)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kawawa naman mga depositors, nadamay pa sila.........

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/bus...financial-woes

Family squabble may have caused Banco Filipino's financial woes

A family squabble may have contributed to the financial troubles of Banco Filipino. Lala Rimando, business editor of abs-cbnnews.com says the Aguirre family and its partners have not been meeting as a board that's why they are not aware of the bank's true financial status. Meanwhile Rimando believes the Bangko Sentral followed due process before deciding to place Banco Filipino under PDIC receivership.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nagkanya-kanya ang mga iyan,- tapos ni-write off na lang nila....

Kaya ayan,- ang mga regular depositors ang tinamaan....

12.6K:bike3:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Obviously, this is BSP's way of getting back at BF for winning those cases against them years ago. Pati ito pinupulitika at the expense of the depositors. Instead of BSP helping BF survive, atat na atat na sila ipasara itong bangko na to.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by domski View Post
    Obviously, this is BSP's way of getting back at BF for winning those cases against them years ago. Pati ito pinupulitika at the expense of the depositors. Instead of BSP helping BF survive, atat na atat na sila ipasara itong bangko na to.

Yasay ikaw ba yan?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Banco Filipino goes Bank Holiday!