New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga sir, meron bang nakakaalam sa inyo kung nagpapa-franchise ang goldilocks, red ribbon or julie's? If yes, magkano po ba ang franchise nila? Mas Ok bang ang magfranchise ng bakeshop instead of doing it on your own? Any comments about baking busines will be greatly appreciated.
    TYIA po..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    afaik pwede franchise ng goldilocks, rr n julies. Goldilocks n RR alam ko nasa lampas 4-10M ata ang franchise possibly more depende sa laki ng outlet.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mas mura ang Julie's, mga 2M lang, although the last time we handled their C.I. requirements, year 2002 pa. But mas classy ang dating ng RR & Goldi, and I've never seen empty seats sa kanilang mga stores pag rush hour.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron na nalugi na julie's dito sa pasig.
    goldilocks cake shop ka na lang.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If it's really your line of business, start on your own. It's never too late to enter the market. Goldilocks started from very humble beginnings and grew big that it has now entered the world market.

If you don't know jack about baking, then maybe, franchising will do the trick. But if you don't know how to run a business, even if it's franchise, even with lots of capital, it'll most likely fail.

First rule in business is knowing what your business is.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    start on your own. read lots of biz books and bread/pastries recipe and test/try it. if you have money and just want to sit back and relax then franchise, IMO, will be the next step.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try to PM Calyski5 if you want to break into the cake biz. They have a cake store/bake shop but it's their own brand. Not franchised. Medyo high end/niche market din ang dating (hindi masa) but it seems to be doing well.

My baking aunt is also doing quite well selling out of her home (via pick up, delivery, etc.) but she concentrates on baked goods that can be used as gifts (brownies, banana cake, cupcakes).

She also bakes my birthday cakes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If it's really your line of business, start on your own. It's never too late to enter the market. Goldilocks started from very humble beginnings and grew big that it has now entered the world market.

If you don't know jack about baking, then maybe, franchising will do the trick. But if you don't know how to run a business, even if it's franchise, even with lots of capital, it'll most likely fail.

First rule in business is knowing what your business is.
    I agree... The next thing I need to ask from you is what exactly do you love to do? Are you really passionate in baking?

We have a Julie's Bakeshop and I tell you that if you'll not put your heart into it malulugi ka talaga... kahit anong business pa yan. Know everything about your target area before you put up any business. Kasi kapag wala kang alam o kulang ang kaalaman mo, kahit gaano pa kaganda ng site mo malulugi ka talaga... I have 6 branches and not all are in a good location pero if you are into it all the way, aangat ka talaga. If you want more info on Julie's Bakeshop, I can help you out with the franchise... for a start, franchise fee is 250K, ALL IN is 1.5M - 1.8M depending on the rental kasi kasama na yan sa computation. Minimum area requirement for your branch is 60sq mts. Kaya lang mahirap ka na mag-expand kung ganito kaliit lalo na kung maganda ang area mo for a snack shop area kasi additional sales mo din ang mga beverage and fried product sales. Don't worry kasi kung hindi feasible ang site mo, hindi ka rin naman ma-approve ng franchise office, hindi ka nila ipapahamak.

For Red Ribbon and Goldilocks, I also have a friend whose a franchisee kaya I'm telling you now that if you are not that passionate about anything, wala ring sense kahit ano pa ang pasukin mong negosyo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    magsimula ka muna sa maliit donut

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    [QUOTE=redwave125;866959We have a Julie's Bakeshop and I tell you that if you'll not put your heart into it malulugi ka talaga... kahit anong business pa yan. Know everything about your target area before you put up any business. Kasi kapag wala kang alam o kulang ang kaalaman mo, kahit gaano pa kaganda ng site mo malulugi ka talaga... I have 6 branches and not all are in a good location pero if you are into it all the way, aangat ka talaga. If you want more info on Julie's Bakeshop, I can help you out with the franchise... for a start, franchise fee is 250K, ALL IN is 1.5M - 1.8M depending on the rental kasi kasama na yan sa computation. Minimum area requirement for your branch is 60sq mts. Kaya lang mahirap ka na mag-expand kung ganito kaliit lalo na kung maganda ang area mo for a snack shop area kasi additional sales mo din ang mga beverage and fried product sales. Don't worry kasi kung hindi feasible ang site mo, hindi ka rin naman ma-approve ng franchise office, hindi ka nila ipapahamak.

[/QUOTE]

totoo talaga ito bro. I own a Kodak Express Franchise. isang taon nako sa business, puro breakeven lang. bad trip! akala ko kasi pag may pangalan mabubuhay na on its own d pala. Kodak Phils. is currently selling me two franchises na delikado din daw of closure. hindi ko pa alam kung kakagatin ko, kasi namomoblema ako.

dapat talaga put your heart in it. eh kaya lang mas love ko talaga design and conceptualization kaya mas nakastambay pa ako sa office kaysa sa shop

Bakeshop Franchise : is it good?