New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    Will they trust me to have a secured crecdit card? may lumabas na kasi na "hit" sa record. Isipin mo na lang na may maintaining balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Will they trust me to have a secured crecdit card? may lumabas na kasi na "hit" sa record. Isipin mo na lang na may maintaining balance.
    Yup. That's the reason why there is the holdout deposit. In case you go delinquent, debit to account agad

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    The responsibility of a co-maker is the same as that of the principal. You do not act as a guarantor here but as co-principal debtor. Had BDO been astute, they could have proceeded against you right away as you have the better capacity to pay. That is why, do not ever sign as a co-maker especially among relatives. Money strains the relationship. As to the bank's blacklisting, depende sa policy nila yun. But most likely, yes. Transfer your account to BPI or citibank. These days, Citibank is so persistent in offering its client a loan.
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    never sign up as co-maker, yan ang number 1 cause ng pagkasira ng credit history. the only persons you should consider to be co-borrowers for are your parents, siblings (kung single pa, pag married hindi na), and children. yung mga pinsan, tito, tita, kaibigan, naku kahit close kayo don't do it.
    Kaya nga,- never sign-up to be a co-maker...dahil, ikaw ang sasalo ng flak kapag nagmintis ang talagang nangungutang... Legally, puwede kang habulin sa utang na "hindi naman sa iyo" (sa pagkakaalam mo)...

17.5K:bruce_lee:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Its a type of card where your bank deposit serves as collateral. If in case you default on your payment, the bank will collect the payment from your deposit.

The credit limit is based on the deposit that serves as the colateral. If your deposit is 100k, your credit limit has a max of 100k as well.

During the whole lifecycle of the credit card, you will not be able to withdraw the colateral from your bank account
    sakin dati 80% lang ang binigay sakin sa secured credit card ko. Like 100K na deposit ay 80k ang limit sa credit card.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    a secured CC is somewhat similar to a debit card.

i had an unfortunate experience with a CC from Bank A. It was me and my gf's fault we were quite "overwhelmed" by the card's purchasing power. We forgot na hindi pera namin yun winawaldas namin. To make the story short, i incurred a total of 300k including interest. Card was cut off, demand letters and collection calls from Bank A started to pour in. They sent demand letters every month. Until umabot sa point, i guess my account was referred to a collection agency. Mas naging aggressive yung collection nila, one caller even threatened na NBI agents are on the way at hahanapin daw ako. I told him to bring em on, from the very start i told the collectors i will never run from my obligation it's just that i really cannot pay that time. The calls and love letters started to diminish. That was in 2007. From then on i never tried to apply for a CC again. Instead i use what's available on my debit card.

Ok so i was aware of this consequence kuno of being blacklisted from the bank association or something.. Recently i got the surprise of my life. A branch manager of Bank B offered their car loan coz she knew i was planning to get the Ford Ranger. Reluctantly i agreed and applied for the car loan, knowing na most likely i will be turned down. My plan b would be to let my mom or sister apply for the loan in case ma deny ako. After 3 days of "background check" on me over the phone, they approved my loan 3 months ago..

*Going back to my Bank A card, they sent me a xmas letter yesterday offering settlement of 68k in which they will guarantee that my name will be removed (that is if my name is really there.. hehe) from the blacklist and will provide me like a certificate that account has been settled. I guess it's now time for me to clean up my past..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Simple problem require simple solution.....

Credit blacklisting is all about shortage of funds(money) that's why their blacklisted dahil wala silang pambayad.
    So ano ang problem, kulang ang pera o kawalan ng pera.
    So ano ang solution, damihan ang pera as simple as that. Magtambak o magdeposit ka ng maraming maraming pera
    dun sa bank na nagblacklist sa iyo. Without saying a word, they will clear you from the blacklist and throw you all the loans
    they have to offer.

Problem solved ! Any more question ???

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ganun ba yun?

Ang sabi ko dun sa simula yung "kamag-anak" ko ang nagka roon ng funds shortage. Sa akin wala naman problema kahit papano may pera naman ako sa banko na nag blacklist sa akin di nga lang marami pero sapat naman siguro para di ako blacklist for a reason na wala akong fund. damay lang ako.

Relax

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Hey congrats. That's a relative slap on the wrist. Spend 300k of other peoples money and pay 68k 7 years later. That's not bad at all!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Most likely, they spent like P68k and that amount ballooned to P300k ++ due to the CCs interest.
    Balik principal lng. W/c is kinda lucky already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Hey congrats. That's a relative slap on the wrist. Spend 300k of other peoples money and pay 68k 7 years later. That's not bad at all!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Most likely, they spent like P68k and that amount ballooned to P300k ++ due to the CCs interest.
    Balik principal lng. W/c is kinda lucky already.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    . I told him to bring em on, from the very start i told the collectors i will never run from my obligation it's just that i really cannot pay that time. The calls and love letters started to diminish. That was in 2007. From then on i never tried to apply for a CC again. Instead i use what's available on my debit card.
    So you did ran from your obligations tsk tsk tsk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    ganun ba yun?

Ang sabi ko dun sa simula yung "kamag-anak" ko ang nagka roon ng funds shortage. Sa akin wala naman problema kahit papano may pera naman ako sa banko na nag blacklist sa akin di nga lang marami pero sapat naman siguro para di ako blacklist for a reason na wala akong fund. damay lang ako.

Relax
    The bank assumes the guarantor the same full responsibility of the primary creditor kaya ng nagcollapse yung kamag anak mo & the funds you have is not sufficient to cover the loan amount, then they hold you as well responsible. Say yung utang is worth 3M then your savings is only 500,000, it's not enough to settle. Even at 1M savings sa bank, hindi pa nakakabigay pansin sa kanila yun. It should be millions & millions not just a million.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Actually problem ko now is dapat may retention promo na naman ako from Globe kaso upon checking hindi ko pa daw nababayaran yung BB na kinuha ko July 2011. Samantalang naka-CC yun nung nagbayad ako ng cash-out so dapat automatic na yung paid. Now I need to request for the SOA of that billing kung saan indicated na nabayran ko na yung phone. Bale 2 SOA yung kelangan. Hassle talaga kapag merong pumalpak na trabaho. arrrghhh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123