New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Babae, nag-shopping gamit ang nakaw na credit cards; mga nagastos, umabot ng P71,000

Is this true?

Di pa ako nag re report ng lost credit card.

AFAIK, yung CSR na sasagot sa yo sa bangko eh may access sa system and they can block your card immediately even before you end the call. It maybe the wife didn't know the credit card number to report or she failed to prove her identity?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
    it is difficult to have your CC blocked early enough,
    if you did not report it early enough.

when i purchase something "expensive", the bank calls me in a few minutes, to check if i had just purchased something "expensive".
    kahit sa abroad pa nangyari yung purchase.
    "yespo. it's me who purchased it. yespo. i am in HK now."

it should be easy enough to check when the CC was first reported as "un-accounted for".
    i have a feeling, some details might have been un-intentionally omitted.

perhaps i have been lucky so far...
    Last edited by dr. d; October 3rd, 2020 at 12:46 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Babae, nag-shopping gamit ang nakaw na credit cards; mga nagastos, umabot ng P71,000

Is this true?

AFAIK, yung CSR na sasagot sa yo sa bangko eh may access sa system and they can block your card immediately even before you end the call. It maybe the wife didn't know the credit card number to report or she failed to prove her identity?

Thief knew she had a small window to use the CC. Owner probably got the sms from her bank about usage. if the SMS was delayed by hours she could've blocked it a little later.

Bank Apps have this CC block function with 2FA.

I wonder if Banks require CCTV with their POS devices. I think DTi requires this already in the business premises.

Glad they got footage of this thief during those transactions.

3. Join Date
    May 2014

Is this true?

siguro may auto yan kasi palipat lipat and dami na nabili, unless bitbit nya lahat
    baka naman pwede masundan hanggang car park para ma ID yun auto, dun mag simula

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i received a couple of days ago, at least two emails from "BDO".
    they said that my card had recently been used to purchase a samsung laptop worth xx,xxx bucks.
    they are asking me to contact them.

thing is,
    i do not recall having any account with BDO.

...scam?

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they said that my card had recently been used to purchase a samsung laptop worth xx,xxx bucks.

thing is,

...scam?

did you look at the email address? Ano email address ginamit nila? Usually kapag fake hindi naman at bdo.com gamit nila e

Sa akin naman last month may tumawag sa Cellphone ko na Metrobank Call Center daw, kailangan ko na daw ipaupdate ang Customer Information ko. Sabi ko OK Thank you. (Bakit hindi na lang sila magtext or email.) Ayaw ba naman ibababa ang Phone. Sabi ko I'm busy kaya sinarado ko na cellphone ko. Hindi ko na sinagot cellphone ko the next time they called the ff day.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Yan ang problema sa Contact Tracing, before we enter the financial/dining establishments , we are asked to provide our name, address, and contact number; this is a hacker's paradise!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Yan ang problema sa Contact Tracing, before we enter the financial/dining establishments , we are asked to provide our name, address, and contact number; this is a hacker's paradise!
    Wonder how many writes their complete info sa contact tracing form. Nung nagawi ako sa Megamall first time since March, pagkita ko sa Form sa food court, halos lahat ng nakasulat eh hindi maintindihan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

thing is,

...scam?
    9M more will me getting this email with the national ID "progress"

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    medyo OT

ingat kayo
    may tumawag sakin bpi daw
    pasimple pa
    waive na daw annual fee ko, and dagdag almost 50k sa limit. verify lang daw yun card number
    ok na sana 54xx daw start ng card number. sabi ko ok, tapos 9 po ba next sir.. sabi ko bakit iniisa isa mo pa? .bigay ko na sayo lahat, gusto mo? ATM Skimming and EMV Chips by 2016ATM Skimming and EMV Chips by 2016ATM Skimming and EMV Chips by 2016

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    wala naman sana sumasagot dito ng ganitong phishing sa fb