New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We have a seldom used space/flat in Mandaluyong. It's furnished with the usual household appliances, etc. I guess its high time to have it earn it's keep.

What's better? Air B&B or long term rent? Please give pro's and con's.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    We have a seldom used space/flat in Mandaluyong. It's furnished with the usual household appliances, etc. I guess its high time to have it earn it's keep.

What's better? Air B&B or long term rent? Please give pro's and con's.

TIA.

long term rent. isa lang ang kausap nyo. stable. may not give the most returns.
    B&B. maraming ka-usap, maliban na lang kung mayroon kayong babayaring manager.. "potentially destructive", but probably will earn more money, if you are lucky.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Airbnb will earn more...
    Vacation Rentals, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb

Long term lease will be easier plus you will get a constant income for x number of months (depends on your contract of lease)...

Airbnb will require you to hire someone to maintain the place...
    Someone needs to change the sheets/toiletries and clean the unit after every client.

Personally, I'm also considering the Airbnb option as this will allow us (or relatives) to use the unit if needed (I can just temporarily take it off the market). Long term lease will not allow me to use the unit when I need it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Key word is seldom used - so kelangan nyo nga ba or hindi naman? I think this will dictate. The reasons for each are already discussed by the gentlemen^^

Long term rent sayang lang gamit nyo IMO. Ipa rent mo ng bare or AirBnB for when you want na minsan may extra income pag hindi mo trip then take it off the market.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the insights, much appreciated. ..

One thing I noticed on the B&B rooms, is that they're well appointed or decorated should I say (I viewed some online). Our place is just how it was turned over to us by the developer, except for the curtains, light fixtures etc., but none of the fancy wall murals, decked ceilings, thick drapes, etc. ......

Anyway ... time to weigh in the options.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^I've stayed (Airbnb) in some places by SMDC...

Normally, same lahat ng gamit... (beds, sofa bed, tables etc.) I guess it's how SMDC hands over their units...

So nagkakatalo lang sa size ng TV and available kitchen/cooking facilities...

Pansin ko lang, cheaper units ($25/night) will have basic pots, plates etc.

At around $28/night and above we get better TV, better internet (last one was at 20MBPS with landline - free calls to Globe) and better pots and plates...

(above mentioned prices are for Single room units)