New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    BIR mismo hitik sa corruption. A friend who is an engineer who used to pay the right amount to BIR long ago no longer do so because the BIR examiner will just harass him and will look for tiny bit of wrong doing even if he declares them all. The catch? Pay up ("Sobre") and we won't bother you.

And the BIR RD... oh golly they got paid big amounts of money as "Areglo." Kawawa mga employee, kaltas Wtax pero di naman tama ang declaration ng company sa BIR.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    we should all do our part by paying the right taxes. corruption in government and paying the right tax should be viewed separately. I do my part by always asking receipts. The problem with these professionals and other businesses is that they do not automatically issue receipts unless you ask for it. and from what I observed most people do not ask for the official receipt. No receipt means no tax for them and that includes the VAT.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    BIR mismo hitik sa corruption. A friend who is an engineer who used to pay the right amount to BIR long ago no longer do so because the BIR examiner will just harass him and will look for tiny bit of wrong doing even if he declares them all. The catch? Pay up ("Sobre") and we won't bother you.

And the BIR RD... oh golly they got paid big amounts of money as "Areglo." Kawawa mga employee, kaltas Wtax pero di naman tama ang declaration ng company sa BIR.
    Ganun din company namin. Even if you religiouly file the correct taxes, may "lagay" pa rin sinisingil to get a clearance from them. And may "incremental" increase every year sa hinihing, even if your income remain the same. Get tough imahe ni Henares is just for show. But the bullying and corruption is still the same...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Henares denies 90% tax evasion claim

Henares denies 90% tax evasion claim
    BY NATASHYA GUTIERREZ
    POSTED ON 08/01/2013 9:04 PM | UPDATED 08/02/2013 8:24 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Tax chief Kim Henares did not hide her surprise upon seeing herself quoted in news reports as saying that 90% of professionals evade taxes.

"First i was surprised with the newspaper article because I was never interviewed for that article. And second, I never said anything about 90%," she said in a Rappler interview on Thursday, August 1.

She explained that the story came out a day after the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) published an ad in the newspaper to encourage professionals to pay their taxes.

"We had an ad that came out yesterday just basically saying that of the professionals in Makati -- the doctors, lawyers and accountants -- this is how they're paying and compare it to the tax payment of a school teacher. That's what's in the ad," she said.

"I really don't know where the 90% came about, I don't know what's the basis of the 90%," she added. "It's a general statement to say 90%. I'm just putting out data. They can [extrapolate] but it did not come from me," she said.

Henares did not have an exact statistic on non-compliance, but also corrected reports that quoted her as saying the BIR should be collecting an annual average of P100,000 from professionals. She said Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima recently told staff to aim for P200,000 by 2016 -- and clarified this was the goal, rather than the rule.

She also explained that in 2011, the BIR collected about P10 billion from more than 400,000 self-employed taxpayers and professionals.

Under her watch, Henares said the BIR increased its revenue last year by 14%, but missed their target by P8 billion.

Widespread campaign

Henares emphasized that while the most recent ad focuses on professionals, she said they are not the only ones who are guilty of evading taxes.

"At the end of the day, the non compliance is in all sectors, not just the professional. But it's one of the campaigns to show people [and talk to their] conscience, 'Can you say you're paying the right taxes when your tax payment is like this compared to a school teacher?," she said.

According to Malacañang, the ad is part of Tax Watch, "a campaign by the Department of Finance (DOF) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue [which] publishes weekly lists of individual and non-individual taxpayers."

The goal, it said, "is to increase transparency on tax payments and to encourage people to be conscientious in paying the right taxes."

Updates will be published in major newspapers and the DOF website every week.

Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda told reporters on Thursday the administration is identifying professionals who evade taxes.

"We are identifying the professionals who are paying less than what they should pay and there will be tax evasion charges filed against them," he said.

Henares said taxpayers can amend their tax returns any time, as long as they have not yet been questioned. - Rappler.com

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    irresponsible reporting by inquirer erratum na yan. axe goes to the editor, should have been more circumspect when publishing numbers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    BIR operates like the Mafia. Even if you declare everything and give what they are requesting, they'll bombard you with LN if you don't pay up. If you fight back (through legal means), expect REALLY bad things to happen.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    corruption is deeply rooted in BIR, pero talagang meron tax payers who claim to pay taxes but dont pay the right amount.

i'm just wondering... if BIR is hell-bent in pursuing tax evaders, bakit di nila tingnan yung other sections of society? kasi masyado naka-focus sa professionals and big companies.

do the normal jeepney drivers, FX drivers, sari-sari store owners, etc pay any income taxes? walang naman resibo services nila di ba? and yet they always rant of "nababawasan kita namin" every time tumataas ang oil prices.

i think they should be part of the solution, otherwise...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_08 View Post
    corruption is deeply rooted in BIR, pero talagang meron tax payers who claim to pay taxes but dont pay the right amount.

i'm just wondering... if BIR is hell-bent in pursuing tax evaders, bakit di nila tingnan yung other sections of society? kasi masyado naka-focus sa professionals and big companies.

do the normal jeepney drivers, FX drivers, sari-sari store owners, etc pay any income taxes? walang naman resibo services nila di ba? and yet they always rant of "nababawasan kita namin" every time tumataas ang oil prices.

i think they should be part of the solution, otherwise...
    +1

A lot of uncollected income taxes come from the "underground economy" like tiangge operators, single proprietors of jeeps, taxis, FX, UV Express, sidewalk vendors. The BIR could possibly raise as much as Php 1Billion in taxes in a year from this sector if they really put their mettle to it.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    +1

A lot of uncollected income taxes come from the "underground economy" like tiangge operators, single proprietors of jeeps, taxis, FX, UV Express, sidewalk vendors. The BIR could possibly raise as much as Php 1Billion in taxes in a year from this sector if they really put their mettle to it.
    Yes this is very true. Baka hindi lang P1 Billion yan. But just think of the effort a BIR collector has to do to collect from the side walk vendor. You spend let's say two hours "monitoring" the vendor's activity. Bebenta siya ng P500.00 in two hours. Tax due niya siguro mga P100.00, pero 2 hours na nawala sa BIR collector. O bantayan niya yung tiga MTPB sa kanto ng Finance road at Taft ave. Siguro makaka P1,000.00 maghapon sa kotong yun. Pero ubos naman maghapon ni BIR. Eh kung uupo na lang sa klinik ni doc si BIR ng 2 oras, baka maka P5,000.oo kagad si doc eh di P1,000.00 kagad tax na collectible from doc. Lalo na kung sa pabrika ng kilala ko na supllier ng mga inumin sa divisoria sila magbabantay, eh daang libong kilo ng paninda ang dinadala sa mga bangketa sa divisoria tuwing tag init, siempre walang resibo yun.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ang ginagawa ko eh delivery receipt na lang para walang tax.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast