New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa 4M, i can think of a lot of businesses na wala sa radar ng Chinese, Koreans and even the ever competitive Pinoy manggagaya

but of course hanggang idea lang. it's when you start moving that counts really. make or break talaga lalo na pag in the middle pinang-hinaan ka ng loob

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    dito sa pilipinas dude only those who have connections with politicians or the police succeeds in business..

ganun kadumi magnegosyo dito sa pinas.. sobrang dami ng redtape dito..

minsan nga kahit magpakabit ka lang ng kuryente pag daan mo sa permit sa office ng mayor yayariin ka na sa lagay e..

--

yung mga chinese napag aralan na nila ang systema dito sa pilipinas.. pansinin mo yung mga chinese drug pushers, kaya nga kahit huling huli na ng libo libong kilo ng shabu napapawalang sala pa din..

--

best bet.. use the 4M for your campaign for a public office next time..hehehe..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I would say get a gas station franchise. Related sa auto, franchise so lesser learning curve at me advertising ka na. Most of all imagine mga taung mabibigyan mo ng trabaho. Go ahead and goodluck!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ogpro View Post
    High returns = Higher risks.

If you really worked that hard for your money, then I would be more careful about where you're going to invest it than just handing it to someone else under an assumed capital return. FYI, REAL mutual funds have an average rate of return at less than 10%. Closer to 6-8 actually. Anybody telling you it will be more than that should already be suspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_fund

I would personally rather invest it in something that actually has real and material assets that I can at least liquidate to have some sort of protection against loss.

Do your research, it's also called "due diligence". No matter how hard you worked for your money, when you couple it with irresponsible investing, you will be almost guaranteed to lose it.

As a rule of thumb, you normally want to spend about 5-10% of the time it took to earn an amount to do research in how you will invest it. If it took you 10 years to save up that million, you will want to take your time and spend about 6mos researching your chosen investment. Now, if it took you just a month to make that money, logic assumes you can make more in the same amount of time, so you can get away with a little less research and more risk. It's all relative.
    Great advice.... Also understand that education on what you're investing allows you to CONTROL how much risk you can manage and not just hope for the best... Things like mutual funds and UITFs may offer a little safer form of investment, but what you're doing is purely dumping your money on someone else's hand and hope that he manages his investment choices well so that you can benefit.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    first of all, going into business with relatives is a bad idea. even if they are your siblings. or even your twin brother. kung dati na existing yung business and minana nyo lang sa parents nyo then that is another matter, because it can be assumed that the founder (the parents) had already instilled in the children the discipline needed, and had delegated the responsibilities and obligations. pero kung ganyan na umpisa pa lang, malabo yan. there will always be one who will not work as hard as the others, and best bet is that one loafer will be the first one to complain why his/her share of the profits is less. and there will always be one who will take advantage of the others' lack of knowledge (and might even intentionally deny that knowledge) so that he/she will benefit the most from the venture. ang pagiisip kasi, kamaganak so ok lang.

well maybe you and your relatives are not like that. i can also say that i and my relatives are not like that, too. but then again whenever any of my relatives comes up with the idea of a joint venture between us, the always ready answer of everyone is "kay buti na sarap ng samahan natin tapos sisirain mo sa pera lang, mag-business ka mag-isa mo!"

anyway, 40% gain for a mutual fund is not that rare, if you invested at the right time. kung last year pa sana kayo nag-umpisa then that is easy. there were mutual funds (local ones, like philam, sunlife, etc.) that made more than 40% last year (i gained 82% from sunlife financial from june 06 to june 07). pero if you invest TODAY, i think the gains will be lower because the pse is at its highest in 70 years. looking at past 5 years performance of the local mutual funds i think realistic projections for the coming couple of years will be much much less than 80%, more like 18-20% but not 40%.

but i still suggest that if you will invest your money (mutual fund or otherwise) do it individually. that way you keep your family relations free of the troubles a joint venture can create. the words "business" and "relatives" don't go together well.
    Correction lang po Sir, International Company po ang Sunlife, base po siya sa Canada. ;)

Agree po ako sa statement ni Sir Yebo. Why don't you try investing sa Sunlife para po maexperience nyo rin po yung ROI ni Sir Yebo.
    For a minimum of 100K pwede na po kayo makapag invest sa Sunlife. At kung hindi ninyo magustuhan pwede po ninyo withdraw yung investment ninyo anytime.

Eto nga po pala yung leaflet ng VUL ng Sunlife (as of June 2007):
    http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...UNLIFE_VUL.jpg

Maraming Salamat po!

HTH

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Please don't involve yourself in a business with relatives. Somewhere along the life of the business, money problems will arise for sure and you and your relatives partners will have to duke it all out and might sour your blood relationship with them. If you are committed on this, perhaps just let a professional manage the funds so that culpability is lifted from the investors. Just my 2 cents.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
4M were to invest