New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    first of all, going into business with relatives is a bad idea. even if they are your siblings. or even your twin brother.

the words "business" and "relatives" don't go together well.
    Hehehe,- tama ito bro.,- huwag mo nang subukan at marami na ang napaso rito....

3101:transform:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    4M is perfect for a taxi business..

buy 10 corollas and you get 1 free from toyota..

the rest of expenses you loan.. but this is a very risky business.. you need to get the right people at dapat may guarantor yung mga kukunin nyong driver.. yung tao na pipirma on behalf of them just in case itakas yung taxi nyo..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    my relatives and i have pooled our money together and came up with 4M. What kind of business do you think we should look into. thanks
    You must've had SOME idea why you decided to pool your money. Honestly, anyone with a great business or business idea wouldn't share unless they're philanthropists.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    you just pooled your money?

so who's going to decide?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sino may hawak nung pera? ikaw?

who makes the decisions? dapat ata yan may kasulatan ah.. o baka naman super rich ang mga relatives mo at parang donation nila sa yo yan..hehehe..

wag mo muna galawin..put it muna to a mutual fund para di matulog.. then enroll for courses in TLRC or Tesda..

dapat may involvement din relatives mo, ano ano ba mga expertise nyo?

.. kung nasa abroad sila try buy and sell, import and export .. ..

don't even think about buying real estate.. once you buy real estate tulog na pera mo dyan.. di mo basta basta mabebenta ang real estate, may talo ka sa brokers fees and capital gains tax..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd168pzz View Post
    Don't lure yourself with the illusion that you are a business owner in the Philippines. There are so many flukes out there that are living the lifestyle but are in real serious debt. Market in the Philippines is too small for a business to get big, and it's all taken by the big chinese players who are so smart with it.

Cheers

this is so true. it's so hard to compete with the chinese players. turf nila talaga yan business eh. now i-add mo pa ang mga bagong smart players ngaun, koreans.

kung ang chinese nag-rent ng space for their business. the koreans will buy the space first then open a business. ganyan sila kayaman.

the chinese are gurus in the trading business kahit ano puwede ibenta ng volume, expect mo mahahawakan nila yun. the koreans are masters of real-estate + service biz: spas, restos, i-cafe, web hosting, web servers, it services, groceries etc.

so minus all of that (trading, services, real-estate), what's left for us?

entrepreneurship or franchising na lang. maybe that's why specialty Filipino culture food shops like Razon's, Putong Ube, Ineng's, Reyes BBQ, Chicken Inasal, Kissballs, Goodah etc. etc. ang nakakalaban na names ngaun

money market biz kung harvard trained kayo puwedeng-puwede: Money Changers, Pawnshops, Bayad Centers, Lending, Buy and Sell TD, Notes, Real Estate etc. now why did I say Harvard-trained? you must be a good apprentice of Trump or might as well be Caucasian bred personality + brains to pull this off.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hi mga bosing. sorry for the late reply. had been under the weather this past two days. have read today all your advises including the thread on kung nalugi na kayo sa negosyo. It is scares me more now to venture into something am not familiar with, considering the bad experiences some tsikoters had in their previous business venture.

I asked my relative who are contributors to read the thread. it is partly true to better have a partnership with other people than with relatives, but we have discussed this before. My cousin who contributed 2M is residing in the States but comes home often because of his business. He wants us who, are residing here to venture in our own business to augment our present (fixed) income. All he wants is the partial return of his capital starting on the third year of the business. No specific amount mentioned. Napakabait na kamaganak. He is into supplying of aircraft parts here, still single so he is rich even in US standards.

Fellow tsikot members have given us very informative and wise advises which i am sure will help us a lot in choosing the kind of business we will get into.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't venture into the taxi business as what one poster suggested, unless you plan to put up your own workshop and hire your own mechanics. taxi business is only for the tough, like goons tough. those taxi drivers will run circles around you if they see even the slightest hint of weakness on your part. sakit ng ulo ito pare, i speak from experience. kumita naman kami but in the end we decided to stop as the drivers were just giving my father headaches. you can hire-and-fire drivers but 99% of them are the same.

kung desidido talaga kayo to push through with the partnership, then go into a business that has very low chances of losing. one of these is real estate. you buy CASH a townhouse that is in the pre-selling stage. cash dapat para you avail of the biggest discount AND you do not introduce loan interest expense into your cost. also, stay away from condominiums, pag tinakbuhan kayo ng condo developer paktay kang bata ka, you end up with a worthless piece of paper. a townhouse has at least the lot it will be built on. DO NOT ASK FOR THE TITLE TO BE TRANSFERED TO YOUR NAMES. as soon as the townhouse is almost finished, advertise it for sale. when your buyer pays the downpayment and has applied for the loan at his bank then have the title transfered direct to your buyer's name. now this is not so you can wiggle out of the capital gains tax, but it will surely save a lot in fees at the register of deeds. you still pay capital gains taxes.
    Last edited by yebo; June 29th, 2007 at 04:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    don't venture into the taxi business as what one poster suggested, unless you plan to put up your own workshop and hire your own mechanics. taxi business is only for the tough, like goons tough. those taxi drivers will run circles around you if they see even the slightest hint of weakness on your part. sakit ng ulo ito pare, i speak from experience. kumita naman kami but in the end we decided to stop as the drivers were just giving my father headaches. you can hire-and-fire drivers but 99% of them are the same.

kung desidido talaga kayo to push through with the partnership, then go into a business that has very low chances of losing. one of these is real estate. you buy CASH a townhouse that is in the pre-selling stage. cash dapat para you avail of the biggest discount AND you do not introduce loan interest expense into your cost. also, stay away from condominiums, pag tinakbuhan kayo ng condo developer paktay kang bata ka, you end up with a worthless piece of paper. a townhouse has at least the lot it will be built on. DO NOT ASK FOR THE TITLE TO BE TRANSFERED TO YOUR NAMES. as soon as the townhouse is almost finished, advertise it for sale. when your buyer pays the downpayment and has applied for the loan at his bank then have the title transfered direct to your buyer's name. now this is not so you can wiggle out of the capital gains tax, but it will surely save a lot in fees at the register of deeds. you still pay capital gains taxes.

masakit din sa ulo ang buy and sell ng real estate ..

maraming gagong kontratista ngayon..kahit nga binabantayan mo na ginagago pa din yung trabaho.

dapat pag nagpatayo ka ng bahay yung nabantayan mo mula sa pag huhukay, sa paglalagay ng pipes, pagtatayo ng poste, hanggang sa finishing..

pag mali yung umpisa ng pagtatayo ng bahay, nakow, mali na lahat yan..

pag ginawa mong pakyaw yung kontrata (babayaran mo labor and materials), yayariin ka ng laborer nyan.. puro junk ang bibilhing bakal, tapos maninipis pa.. pati semento di puro..

tapos nanakakawan ka pa ng mga materyales, at iuuwi sa bahay nila yung mga materyales.

kaya pag di ka dating foreman or architect, at yung tipong anga anga ka sa contruction yari ka..

isa pa tuwing maglalabas ka ng pera make sure na may pinirmahan, at make sure na may witness .. once subukan mong maglabas ng pera kahit ilang libo lang.. na walang pirmahan agad agad na itatakbo yan ng foreman or laborer mo at iiwan na yung project mo.. wag na wag kang magtitiwala..usually ang isang trabahador ok pa yan sa umpisa.. pag nagtagal at nakuha na tiwala mo dun ka na titirahin..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yung 4M mo kikita yan ng guaranteed 33,000 pesos a month.. with very minimal risk..

treasury bonds, treasury bills dude.. or bond mutual funds.. dyan mo muna ilagay..

sa hirap ng buhay natin ngayon mahirap mag startup business..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
4M were to invest