New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    me tucson po sir rj_tim ... ok naman ung driving position and stuff. di ko sure, pero parang ULT rin ung rear seats nyan.
    sir, what's ULT? up to tonight na lang ba yung car show?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ano po price ng Coupe?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    lahat ng sedans nila may diesel variant. will this mean the return of diesel taxis ala isuzu gemini? ano nga pala say ng hyundai about this? will they do a honda and not allow their cars to be made into taxis? they may even be the next "king of the fleets"! abangan...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    -- pansin ko lang na ibang iba ung transmission ng CRDi cars -- i.e. layout is:

R 1 3 5
    | | | |
    +-+-+-+
    | |
    2 4
    Optra manual transmission ganito din ang layout. Daewoo Racer din ganyan din

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...hyundai = korean, daewoo racer = korean car, chevy optra = daewoo nubira = korean car. i sense a pattern here :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rj_tim:sir, what's ULT? up to tonight na lang ba yung car show?
    ULT = utility, long, and tall seating. basically means you can fold up/down the seats depending on how much cargo or how many passengers you have. think Honda City.

yup, hanggang ngayon na lang daw, up to 9pm. which means you have less than 3.5 hours to make it there B)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    was there the other night...
    the matrix seems to be the best buy.. kasi 688k yung CRDi. the 1.5 getz has exactly the same engine (so probably mas matipid) pero ang alam ko meron nang airbag and ABS yung matrix. tapos 50k lang yung difference in price.

kung naliliitan kayo sa trunk ng matrix... lalo na yung getz. :P

yun nga lang.. medyo lata yung doors of both the getz and matrix. di ko na tinignan yung azera/sonata/coupe (la naman ako pera..) pero of the vehicles i looked at (getz, matrix, tucson) yung tucson yung pinaka-solid. parang Cayenne-wannabe pa yung flow ng lines niya, pretty nice. the ULT-type rear seats are good too.

problem lang, if you're strictly into practicality, matrix talaga is the way to go. the cheapest tucson is 888k (2.0L gas manual). for 200k less (688k) you get the 1.5L VGT turbo matrix. ang laki laki din ng 200k difference although arguably they don't play in the same market segment.

parang medyo kapos yung diesel na tucson. 2.0L turbodiesel, 112ps lang (vs 110ps for the 1.5L turbodiesel with VGT in the getz, matrix, and accent). i think hindi VGT yung tucson diesel (and, i think low-boost siya). medyo mahal yung diesel tucson, 1.2M halos. that's already escape V6 territory. or kung pam-pamilya talaga, the ford everest is probably a ton more robust (truck body kasi).

the sonata is the same price as a mazda6 halos! pero 3.3L V6 siya versus 2.4L ng inline-4.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    was there the other night...
    the matrix seems to be the best buy.. kasi 688k yung CRDi. the 1.5 getz has exactly the same engine (so probably mas matipid) pero ang alam ko meron nang airbag and ABS yung matrix. tapos 50k lang yung difference in price.
    wala na rin pong airbags and ABS ang matrix.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think saradong CRDi na ung Matrix starting next year

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wtf ganun pala?
    sa motioncars review meron daw ABS+SRS yung matrix. oh well.. i don't think killer feature naman yun in its price class (i mean, base-level vios and city also don't have ABS+SRS and the matrix can carry more..)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hyundai Motor Show 05 at Glorietta:December 5 to 7!