New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    If I may ask... where are the raw results published for this? (also for the previous years' car of the year competition)?

I would love to see direct comparisons of on paper performance of all cars tested including those that were on past competitions. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Votes are sealed and audited. This is to ensure fair voting.

Individual members can, of course, mention which cars they like, but we cannot publicly disclose scores.

You can see category winners from the past, and the criteria for voting aren't exactly secret. They include subjective impressions on design, build quality, comfort, ease of use, amenities and other considerations, and objective testing data regarding acceleration, braking and emergency handling. Used to be test data focused on acceleration and emergency handling, but braking was added last year as it's very important from a safety standpoint.

-

My vote for this year? Well... I can't disclose scores (like I said), but I have a feeling Hyundai has a good chance at the crown with its line-up. The Explorer obviously scored very highly on Day 4 compared to the other two, but it's in a class above, so that's a given.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    am expecting hyundai as well. kaya medyo nalungkot ako nung akala ko etong tatlo lang ang naglalaban para sa division nila, buti naman at mali ako :D

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Votes are sealed and audited. This is to ensure fair voting.

Individual members can, of course, mention which cars they like, but we cannot publicly disclose scores.

You can see category winners from the past, and the criteria for voting aren't exactly secret. They include subjective impressions on design, build quality, comfort, ease of use, amenities and other considerations, and objective testing data regarding acceleration, braking and emergency handling. Used to be test data focused on acceleration and emergency handling, but braking was added last year as it's very important from a safety standpoint.

-

My vote for this year? Well... I can't disclose scores (like I said), but I have a feeling Hyundai has a good chance at the crown with its line-up. The Explorer obviously scored very highly on Day 4 compared to the other two, but it's in a class above, so that's a given.
    Thanks sir niky! Actually what I would like to see are the on paper specs like the acceleration times, skidpad, braking, etc.. hehe! Would you where these will be published? Or kahit yung mga previous years na car of the year testing? San kaya naka publish yung raw data? mostly kasi nakikita ko lang yung results and hindi na yung data mismo.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by labayds View Post
    Thanks sir niky! Actually what I would like to see are the on paper specs like the acceleration times, skidpad, braking, etc.. hehe! Would you where these will be published? Or kahit yung mga previous years na car of the year testing? San kaya naka publish yung raw data? mostly kasi nakikita ko lang yung results and hindi na yung data mismo.

Thanks!
    If it were up to me, we'd publish, but it's not. I'm proposing that we allow members to use figures in their reviews, like they do with the Canadian and Japanese COTYs... we'll see.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Oh.. So they don't allow for it to be published here... kaya pala wala akong nakikita..hehe anyway thanks for the information! Sana nga payagan nila ipublish yun..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Saan po ba pwede magpost dito about the other award giving body? me results sa sila naka-publish sa motoring section in today's paper...

:massmoon:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which one? You can make a thread about it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which one? You can make a thread about it.
    the one from AutoFocus. Compact Car OTY - Nissan Sentra?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
CAR NEWS: COTY 2011 - 2012 Test Fest Day 4: Clash of the Titans