New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    theveed,

I just bought a Cigarette Type ionizer for P520.00, is this one of those you described as a rip-off? The other one is for my other car and its a bigger kind worth P900.00, yung black box na may grille and has a label na Ionizer/Cleaner.

Are these rip-offs?
    oh crap! i just bought 1.. yung color blue..
    I got it to get the yosi smell out of the car..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How can we be sure if the one we is ozonizer or the real ionizer, and what could be the effect to our health

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I was sold into the idea of a ozonator before when a small unit was able to remove the scent of 3-day old bibingkas out of my car (nakalimutan kasi). Ang bango rin ng air na lumalabas sa kanya, parang fresh air yung scent.

Ozonators have been extensively used sa water filtration to kill microorganisms.

However, I stopped using and recommending ozonators when a British journal of Medicine reported that the ozone exposure from ozonators lead to decreased sperm counts. They werent sure of the mechanisms yet but they considered ozone to be a pollutant...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    When I was in Korea, almost all homes have this ionizer thing. Its a very simple device with just two metal plates a fem millimeters apart. I bought one and brought back home sa pinas. I do not use it anymore.

My question is...
    Can Ozonators be considered as Ionizers?
    Can Ionizers be considered as Ozonators?

All the while, I thought they were the same. Kasi nga yung Oxygen molecule which has splitted up becomes a negatively charged ion. This Ion is the one responsible in deactivating the harmful free radicals. Well..that is what I remember from my Chemistry 101.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    uling...don't really need an "air cleaner" sa oto... sa dumi ba naman ng hangin ng mertro manila e..ganun din

sa former delica ko--i had one of those ionizers... actually, di ko ramdam effects-or sadyang manhid lang ako...kasi sabi ng mga nakasakay sa likod(malapit sa ionizer) sarap daw sumakay sa van...

ngayon sa liteace, pag ok na aircon ko siguro maglalagay ako--ka mahal,e...

(pero nice night light for the van yun...)
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; September 22nd, 2007 at 06:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    When I was in Korea, almost all homes have this ionizer thing. Its a very simple device with just two metal plates a fem millimeters apart. I bought one and brought back home sa pinas. I do not use it anymore.

My question is...

All the while, I thought they were the same. Kasi nga yung Oxygen molecule which has splitted up becomes a negatively charged ion. This Ion is the one responsible in deactivating the harmful free radicals. Well..that is what I remember from my Chemistry 101.
    From what Ive seen and read with the Ionizers and Ozonators' literature in the market, magkaiba sila.

In the Ionizers' theory - negative ions in the air make us sleepy while positive ions wake us up. Negative ions are formed by static electricity produced when the car body interacts with the moving air outside the car, as well as through some of our body processes... The Ionizers change Negative Ions into Positive Ions. This is what we find in the old Goldstar "Green TV's" sold during the 1990's.

Ozonators on the otherhand kill odors and bacteria by producing O3 (Ozone). Oxygen is supposed to be subjected to high voltages and Ozone is produced. It is used in air and water purifiers.

Ionizers do not promise killing of bacteria nor removal or odors. Only ozonators promise that. There are many gadgets though that combine the two together.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post

My question is...

Ive seen the metal plates thing. It appears to attract particles using electrostatic energy (parang yung mga expensive dusters na dumidikit yung mga hair strands). They look impressive. Are they really labelled as Ozonators or Ionizers?

Some plasma air purifiers in the market have ozonators as well. Medyo nasanay na ako sa amoy ng ozonator kaya alam ko amoy kapag meron ganun yung device.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Guys, how about 'yung presco ionizer na ibinebenta sa Venta5 sa TV (Channel 5) and Internet?
    Bumili ako nu'n months ago pa at gamit na gamit sa room namin kasi smoker ako.
    Is it unsafe? Mahal pa naman bili ko du'n. Parang a thousand plus.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Totoo bang hindi mag-aamoy kulob yung mga nilabhan mo halimbawa pinatuyo mo sa loob ng bahay ang mga labahin tapos may gamit kang ionizer o ozonators? yung kasi sabi ng isang sales rep dati eh.......

iba kasi amoy kapag hindi pinatuyo sa araw, plus smoker pa mga kasama ko, baka bumili ako nito....
    Last edited by Negus; October 2nd, 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
use of ozonisers/ionizers in your car is unsafe for you