New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Aw. Natakot tuloy ako gamitin yun ionizer sa kotse ko. Kabibili ko pa lang this week. Sayang ang 500+ ko.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Don't be too much alarmed by this warning. Safe na safe gamitin ang mga car ionizers. Mga six months ko na ginagamit. Pati pag may umutot sa kotse....mabilis wamala yung amoy.

Ionizers negatively charge the air. The smell is typical of the air we smell during thunder and lighting storms.

Ozone on the other hand has a pungent smell.

So malalaman mo naman kung ozone ang ginagawa ng ionizer mo by the smell.

Before, there were some ionizers that actually produce ozone instead of negatively charging the air. But this were back in the days of the room ionizers.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i just bought 3 of these for our cars... tsk tsk tsk. sabi ko sana ito nalang instead of those air fresheners. Para sana di na ako gumastos every 2 months to replace the air fresheners.. Oh well...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Isang shoe box na lang ng uling para walang problema. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Pwede nga ito actually. Another thing we can use is a box of baking soda... They remove unwanted odors via adhesion...

Some people use vinegar, pero in my opinion, parang ang vinegar just masks the smell of the aweful thingee with the smell of vinegar "yucky pa rin especially sa car"

I had an interesting experience though by using expired fruit tea. May namimigay ng expired fruit tea sa isang convention... It's been expired for an entire year na (yuck). So I opened it and placed it sa ref ng gf ko, hoping itl also work via adhesion... and guess what, nawala nga amoy ng ref nila, and gumanda yung taste ng water nila

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    bump lang po nitong thread... so in case i really want to have an ionizer, which one could i buy? meron sa blade na mga japanese brand- ung double air... ano ba un? ionizer or ozonator? confused.... :p

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    so what is the point of this thread? is it safe or not?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ang sabi,- uling or baking soda ang safe....

9505:spam:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    You actually don't need all that much, if space is at a premium. I drove around for a few years with just a small plastic bag and five ice-cube-sized pieces of charcoal.

For a hatchback like the Jazz, which has "shared air" in the passenger and cargo compartments, that meager amount of charcoal was enough to effectively cut food odors and other smells. Best thing is it works in whatever pocket of the car you hide it in!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    baking soda, basic charcoal at dehumidifier crystals lang. alis lahat ng amoy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
use of ozonisers/ionizers in your car is unsafe for you