New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Nabasa ko na rin po yan sa ibang articles about Ionizer/Ozonizers. Kasi po talagang gusto kong bumili nun ng Ionizer (for my vehicles), some brand or makers claim that their Ionizer don't produce ozone, "how true is this? I don't know" so di na lang po ako bumili just to be safe. Question lang po, since an Ionizer neutralizes odor, does it do the same thing sa bango ng kotse mo? say if you have a car freshener?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    please use the search function.thank you.
    Thank you for the info and reminder....

Based on the discussion here, Uling na lang din gamitin ko to be safe

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmmm... most if not all the air freshener canisters and sprays being sold here commercially do not include an "ozone free" words printed on their labels not that I trust what they actually put in their products. But the fact is stringent regulations aren't enforced here at all especially on manufacturing local products. It's a good thing you can trust some foreign brands as they went through rigid R&D, stuff on their labels are close to wysiwyg. By the way, why worry about the stuff that'll kill you inside your car when everybody knows that the emissions of our SUVs and most petrol vehicles contribute to the formation of ground-level ozone. Our rides spreads out more ozone precursors than any stationary source. Well at least we can keep the ozone from getting inside our car so I guess you have a point in there.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ... and yes I go for uling. question is where do I discreetly hide it?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    under the front seats

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    inside the aircon vents. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hmm.. Palitan ko nalang kaya ng plug-in voltmeter yung plug-in ionizer ko tapos uling nalang in a container sa aircon vent clip-on cup holder.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ako uling lang. 1 small ceramic jar under the front driver seat and 1 medium sized jar sa trunk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    what does uling do to remove the odor??

when to remove it? lifetime ba ito? does it absorbs also the air freshener?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    theveed,

I just bought a Cigarette Type ionizer for P520.00, is this one of those you described as a rip-off? The other one is for my other car and its a bigger kind worth P900.00, yung black box na may grille and has a label na Ionizer/Cleaner.

Are these rip-offs?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
use of ozonisers/ionizers in your car is unsafe for you