New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    "A very important point to be aware of: A badly designed ionizer may produce ozone, and with it nitrous oxide. "

ayos ito... by using that, may NOS na ang car mo!

seriously, i've been using an ionizer (not an ozonizer, i know the difference, i don't know if ozonizers are available on car shops anyway, its only ionizers which is common)... it really neutralizes both good and bad odors. that's why i can't really put scents in my car when its running. its only harmful effect to me is it costed more than a thousand bucks (sa shangrila ko binili).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uling na lang..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, we're not debating. we're just discussing here. and no, i never take anything in this forum personally

Cool Yun lang din naman point ko hehe, not all ionizers are ozonators :D

Bardigones: Depende talaga sa manufacturer, I'm pretty sure that if your brand is well known and you follow the right precautions, it'll be fine. Toshiba aircons have built in ionizers as well these days, I doubt they'll pass Japanese standards if they're unsafe, but always stay away from any ozone emitting machines. You're not supposed to breathe in ozone regardless of quantity.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti pala nasira na yung ionizer ko. hehehehe. balik ambipure ako ngayon eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

Would you know if the aircon being sold by Sharp produces the same ill effects discussed here. I bought coz of the promise of a cleaner air for the kids pero baka lalo lang makasama for them.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    we use a HEPA filter at home.
    If you were to purchase a single product to help you avoid airborne allergens, a HEPA air purifier would be it! Modern homes and offices are built with air tight specifications to conserve energy. This causes airborne particles to remain in the air with nowhere to go. If you wake up in the morning with a stuffy nose, itchy and swollen eyes, or experience frequent sneezing and wheezing, you are reacting to airborne contaminants in your home! These include microscopic dust mite allergen, animal dander, room dust, mold spores, pollen, harmful fibers, bacteria, gases, smoke, and other odors.

The High Efficiency Particulate Arrester (HEPA) filter is the same type used in hospital operating rooms or wherever a sterilized environment is required. True HEPA filters remove a minimum of 99.97% of all airborne particles greater than 0.3 microns in size.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for me ok ang ionizer specially if you are selling the car.. gamitin mo ionizer bago tingnan nang buyer.. pag pasok niya amoy bago.. (but of course dapat malinis din ang car.)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ozonizers, ionizers, whatever.... if you cant stand your car cabin's fatal smell, then go with the stuff. If you can, why should you?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My friend is offering me an ionizer for my car but I'm not really convinced if this really works. What's your opinion?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please use the search function.thank you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
use of ozonisers/ionizers in your car is unsafe for you