New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    Actually, the remote of our alarm units is using RF signal.

I infer that the RF frequency are too high for us to hear but the mobile phone's speaker & mic somehow captured and transmited it over the airwaves. Therefore, what I believe you should do (if this really works) is to place the mobile phone (the one with the car) as near as possible to the alarm receiver for it to work.
    The GSM sampling rate is so configured as to accomodate only frequencies of a human voice, so if the sound energy is too high/low for us to hear, the technology prevents it from being transmitted.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    called my wife yesterday so we could try it :phone:

she told me "don't be a moron" tapos binagsakan ako ng telepono! :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    called my wife yesterday so we could try it :phone:

She's definitely wiser than most of us here

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It doesn't work for us...manual door locks eh

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Did the same with the stock keyless entries of a lancer mx 2004, optra 2004, and a 2005 sportivo, tried different angles but it nothing happened.

Although, if we're talking about those hackers that uses laptops with rf receivers to detect a signal being released by an RKE of a car so that it could trick out the random RF numbers the RKE creates (if I got it right), then perhaps that could happen. Read this on cnet before, link is:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3513_7-6516433.html
    interesting read...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sinubukan namin ng dad ko to kanina sa optra ko hinde gumana!

OT: ok lang naman sakin subukan kasi sya ung tumawag sa cell ko kaya hide nabawasan load ko!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    called my wife yesterday so we could try it

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This process might have worked before with the old analog cellular system. But it will not work with the new digital cellular systems. For one, the signal is encrypted and compressed to prevent hacking (although there are sophisticated devices that can still listen in on conversations). Another would be that the signal frequency used by vehicle remote systems are different from that of cellular systems.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    hi guys,

I tried this trick when i first read it and using a globe sim i was able to open my car. i tried duplicating the same trick with my cousins sun sim and it didnt work. maybe the network or the alarm brand has something to do with this...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i rcv the same e-mail and hurriedly tried on my fortuner...as expected, it didnt work.. i thought other brand (who claims it work) is better than my fortuner... maybe ..but not in this case..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
unlocking your car thru the cellphone??