New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I just bought a latest Transcend DrivePro 50 from Blade Auto Center. The DrivePro 50 is a new addition to Transcend car dashboard cameras. The compact DrivePro 50 features a large F/1.8 aperture, Wi-Fi connectivity, a built-in battery, a better image sensor, and a G-sensor emergency recording function. It weighs only 49g. This device can record videos up to 1920×1080 30fps. Transcend’s DrivePro 50 is bundled with a free Transcend 16GB High Endurance memory card, which is very nice as I always use Transcend memory cards myself and they are very reliable.

The Transcend DrivePro 50 is the most compact dashboard camera I’ve seen. Here’s my unboxing and hands-on experience.

Just like the Transcend DivePro 520, it has the same packaging. Inside the box contains the DrivePro 50, a High Endurance 16GB microSD card, cigarette lighter power adapter, suction cup, and warranty card.

Transcend DrivePro 50 Specs
    ◦Camera Type: Car Video Camera Recorder
    ◦Weight: 49g (1.73oz)
    ◦Lens: ƒ/1.8, 130° wide angle
    ◦Microphone: Built-in
    ◦Video Resolution: Full HD (1920×1080) 30fps / HD (1280×720) 30fps
    ◦Video Formats: H.264 (MOV: up to 1920×1080 30fps)
    ◦Connectivity: USB 2.0 / WiFi
    ◦Battery: Li-Polymer 430mAh

First Look
    The DrivePro 50 has polycarbonate plastic body, at the front is the ƒ/1.8 lens with wide angle and the brand name. On the right side is the charging port, while at the right side is the microSD card slot and red button that act as the power on, record, and off button, at the top is the slidelock for the suction mount.

microSD card slot and multi-function button

slide lock port for the suction cup

Transcend DrivePro 50 Features
    ◦records video up to 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 fps
    ◦130° wide view to capture the interior or exterior of the car
    ◦view live via iOS and Android devices using DrivePro New
    ◦Powered via the cigarette lighter receptacle 12-24V outlet
    ◦FREE 16GB microSD card
    ◦suction cup

There is no LCD at the back of the DrivePro 50 on the Transcend Logo and the small LED light, the recordings can be view using DrivePro New App that is available for both Android and iOS platform. This app will let you watch the live recordings and configure the camera’s features.

Here is a sample video from Transcend

For entry level users, Transcend’s DrivePro 50 has all the basic you need in a dash camera at an affordable price. It integrates a wide 130° viewing angle and a Full HD imaging sensor for clear and smooth 1080p (v30fps) video recording. In addition, the 6 glass lenses plus 1 infrared filter lens are designed to prevent fogging from heat generated during extended recordings and to ensure the whole trip is recorded in high clarity. The WIFI connection function allows iOS /Android users to change the settings, live view or download the files. That way you never have to take the camera down or take the memory card out to save files. If you prefer to buy a simple dashcam from a well-known company with customer support, this DrivePro 50 is a great option.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    How much sya sa Blade?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I saw ads of the Drive Pro 50 being sold at 4k.

The higher model DrivePro 200 is sold in some stores at around 5k. It has an LCD already. The DrivePro 220 which has GPS capability and a speed sensor can be had for 6k.