New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AITNIMRA View Post
    dun sa mga naka internal sensors, nagpa wheel-balance pa ba kayo after the installation?
    I think need pero dko sure, k c my weight din yung sensor pg nilagay s gulong

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Share ko lang experience ko s external tpms yung sasakyan dko naman sya ginamit ng almost 2 weeks. Yung tpms ko is mg 1 year na, Then kailangan ko ng gamitin yung car na notice ko mababa reading ng tpms ko s isang gulong ng bi blink n yung front left side and ng alarm n din. So i check the tire by visual medyo malambot nga, so tinangal ko tpms sensor to check na notice ko my leak n tire valve ko lumalabas ang hangin don s gilid ng copper thread ng rubber tire valve. Just to confirm ng leak test ako at meron nga. Ang ginawa ko ng inflate muna ako using my 12v portable pump bago ko dinala sa shop para mg papalit ng rubber tire valve...

Na observe ko na hindi kaya dahil s tpms sensor kaya bimigay yung tire valve ko k c imagine yung tire valve is naka push down ung needle the whole time and hindi sya designed para sa ganung condition kaya bumigay tire valve ko. This is my experience so tinagal ko muna yung tpms ko.. any one experience this?

Una suspect ko is baka my pumihit pero dko naman ginamit yung sasakyan kaya out na, so i think ng dahil sa tpms sensor because alam ko di ganun n basta basta bumibigay ang tire valve. Then age ng tire valve mga 3 -4 years na.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ^^^ Happened to me also about a month ago.

But in my case. I had my tire pressure checked the day before and the next day, totally flat yung isang gulong. Nung dinala sa vulcanizing, wala namang butas ang gulong. But when I told them to check it again with the tire sensor valve on, ayun bumubula where the tire sensor valve is located. Doon pala ang leak.

I was able to do a quick fix though and cannibalized some rubber and replaced the one on the defective tire sensor valve cap.

So far so good pa until today but can't help but do a quick check / listen to the tire sensor valve cap everytime the tire pressure goes down by 2-3 psi.

For the price and lenght of time of use, okay na rin. But I guess it is time to replace this already. I will still get the same brand and kind.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my tire valve suffered slow leak, even as i have no tpms.
    a combination of manufacturing issues and plain old-age-wear-and-tear, i guess.
    i just had it replaced.

is your tpms the simple screw-on type?
    from what i understand,
    when one puts on that tpms, one bypasses the built-in tire valve needle's integrity, and now relies on the integrity of the tpms gadget for air-tightness. thus, whatever leak occurs, is probably the tpms's fault.

so,
    is your leak a result of the tpms gadget's non-airtigheness? if so... wag nang gamitin ang tpms. but wait! baka imperfect ang labi ng metal end ng valve. baka baka puedeng higpitan lang ang tpms... install the tpms and check for leak, po.
    that leak from the one-way valve, probably has nothing to do with the leak when the tpms gadget is attached.

but if the leak is coming not from the needle valve, but from the rubber neck or base of the tire valve... just replace the pito, sir.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 20th, 2021 at 11:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The tpms set on our 2 vehicles are at least 3 years old na and i haven't experienced any slow leak due to damaged tire valves.

Will keep an eye on those na lang din.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Last edited by baludoy; December 20th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my tire valve suffered slow leak, even as i have no tpms.
    a combination of manufacturing issues and plain old-age-wear-and-tear, i guess.
    i just had it replaced.

is your tpms the simple screw-on type?
    from what i understand,
    when one puts on that tpms, one bypasses the built-in tire valve needle's integrity, and now relies on the integrity of the tpms gadget for air-tightness. thus, whatever leak occurs, is probably the tpms's fault.

so,
    is your leak a result of the tpms gadget's non-airtigheness? if so... wag nang gamitin ang tpms. but wait! baka imperfect ang labi ng metal end ng valve. baka baka puedeng higpitan lang ang tpms... install the tpms and check for leak, po.
    that leak from the one-way valve, probably has nothing to do with the leak when the tpms gadget is attached.

but if the leak is coming not from the needle valve, but from the rubber neck or base of the tire valve... just replace the pito, sir.

good luck.
    Yes sir it's coming from the rubber neck nung n leak test ko and natakot nko kaya tinangal ko muna tpms ko, pero plan ko ibalik ulit kasi helpful sya. Ng hesitate lang ako baka mngyari din sa ibang tire valve kasi parang na sho shorten life ng tirevalve. Pero baka sa isolated case lng since isa lang nmn ang naganyn s akin..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by john042776 View Post
    Yes sir it's coming from the rubber neck nung n leak test ko and natakot nko kaya tinangal ko muna tpms ko, pero plan ko ibalik ulit kasi helpful sya. Ng hesitate lang ako baka mngyari din sa ibang tire valve.

replace the entire pito, sir.
    ask for a "quality replacement part", if one such exists.

do tpms gadgets hasten tire valve neck failure, because of their weight?
    i don't know.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    replace the entire pito, sir.
    ask for a "quality replacement part", if one such exists.

do tpms gadgets hasten tire valve neck failure, because of their weight?
    i don't know.
    Ok sir salamat s info n replace ko plang yung isang tire valve kung saan yung bumigay.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The first few months after installing my TPMS, two of my valve stems got torn and started to leak.

Now, I use 3M anti-slip rubber stick-ons to provide relief on the valve stems when there's extreme centrifugal forces. No damage since.

When i replace my tires, I'm going to start using metal valve stems.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The first few months after installing my TPMS, two of my valve stems got torn and started to leak.

Now, I use 3M anti-slip rubber stick-ons to provide relief on the valve stems when there's extreme centrifugal forces. No damage since.

When i replace my tires, I'm going to start using metal valve stems.

Nice one sir, sa akin tinangal ko na tpms ko which i think stress nga ang rubber tire valve ibalik ko nlng if mg replace nko ng stainless para matibay