New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Ang salarin sa pag ngatngat Ng sensor Ng kotse. Maski tinakpan ko na Lang Ng electrical tape, may Plano pa din balikan ata Kasi tinabihan nya nanaman iyong gulong TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Attachment 43215

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    a handsome, copper husky!

try a physical cover against the tyre.
    plywood... discarded plateware... atbp.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 30th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a handsome, copper husky!
    That she is doc. Very chewy Lang and domineering Siya among her pack mates. Hindi Lang Siya maka-ubra sa belgian melanois Namin. Talo Siya sa kakulitan eh TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

img_20221226_111055_hdr.jpg

"try a physical cover against the tyre.

plywood... discarded plateware... atbp"

Thanks for the tip

Last edited by baludoy; December 31st, 2022 at 10:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Whew! Crisis averted.

A few days ago, during an out-of-town trip, I noticed that one sensor stopped updating and by the end of the day, the display for that sensor went dark. Typically, the latter happens when the battery inside that sensor runs out. The other three tires were still reporting temperature and pressure values so it's unlikely to be a problem with the receiver.

So that night, I took out the nonresponsive sensor and replaced the CR1632 with a new one. I know it's a new battery because I tested it first before installing it and it showed around 3.3V.

The next morning however, the sensor reading for that tire is still blank. So I removed it again and checked the battery. To my disappointment, the voltage is now down to 2.5V! So the sensor is draining the battery somehow. A closer inspection does not reveal any water intrusion. I always use silicone grease on the O-ring and the cap threads so it's simply impossible for water to get in.

So long story short, I started tearing into the tiny PCB. Since it's dead anyway, I can't make it any worse. I just blindly re-flowed the solder on everything on there. It's a challenge as everything is so tiny. I reassembled everything and inserted another new battery and screwed it back on the tire.

About 2 hours later, I went back to check the TPMS receiver and I was elated to see that the "dead" sensor is now sending data again.

I don't know if this is going to be permanent but I'm hoping that it is. I guess these sensors are subjected to unimaginable abuse.... them being on the tires and all, so maybe a cold solder developed. Anyway, time will tell if the fix holds. I'm just glad I don't have to replace the whole TPMS. Not yet anyway.
    Last edited by oj88; December 31st, 2022 at 07:40 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    That she is doc. Very chewy Lang and domineering Siya among her pack mates. Hindi Lang Siya maka-ubra sa belgian melanois Namin. Talo Siya sa kakulitan eh TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

img_20221226_111055_hdr.jpg

"try a physical cover against the tyre.

plywood... discarded plateware... atbp"

Thanks for the tip

Meron nabibili sa Lazada na tire cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ Oo nga ano. Sana Nakita ko ito dati pa.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839