New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_celiz09 View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to have my car installed with car alarm since its old car alarm is already defective. I have power locks though. Relating to it, I was wondering if the following features are already available in the most car alarm brands we have in the market right now:

1. Immobilizer. I'm not sure if I understand an immobilizer correctly, but from what I infer, it is the feature that makes a car immobilized if the door was not opened using the remote of the car alarm. In others words, even though the car door was forcefully opened, the car won't start because the remote was not used.

2. Following no. 1, if a car door was forcefully opened, will the car alarm set off? I mean from the movement of the lock being unlocked and not the vibrations from the car. Do get my point?

3. A bypass switch that will enable the owner to switch off the alarm in cases that the remote breaks down. If the remote breaks down, the owner will definitely have to use the car key to open the door, and still following no. 1, is there a switch that can bypass the immobilizer and let him start the car. But off-course the switch is hidden based on the owner's preference.

Would like to know if these features are all available, especially to the taiwan-made ones. (1.5k to 2.5k pesos).

Your inputs will be very well appreciated.

Thanks!
    most car alarms have #2 and #3. Yung #1, depende sa variant ng alarm set.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    most car alarms have #2 and #3. Yung #1, depende sa variant ng alarm set.
    for #1, if you can get similar device locally as shown on the link below.
    Kindly note that I am not connected whatsoever with the seller. I am just showing this in reply to the discussion.

RFID car immobilizer engine lock EL 01,intelligent anti hijacking and circuit cut off,automatically lock and unlock car engine-in Alarm Systems & Security from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

3. Join Date
    May 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12