New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yap.... napansin kodin sa panggasinan iyan, satuwing dadaan ako. wala bang planong palaparin ang kalsada??? in future???

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peklat View Post
    yap.... napansin kodin sa panggasinan iyan, satuwing dadaan ako. wala bang planong palaparin ang kalsada??? in future???
    Sa Urdaneta lang ata ginagawa yan eh.Yung road widening. Hehehe..

Maraming puwedeng gawin para lumapad ang mga daan pero ang nangyayari kasi kung minsan ginagawa na lang patuyuan ng "ilik" o palay ng mga taga doon (lalo na kapag nasemento na yung shoulder). Kung minsan nga.. sa daan mismo sila nagpapatuyo ng palay (this is especially true to secondary roads sa pangasinan). I am not against their livelihood pero paano naman ang safety?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_rya View Post
    Parang delikado atang magpark sa isang curve lalot walang shoulder. I never do that , maghahanap na lang ako ng medyo diretsong kalsada (of course na may store kung may bibilhin ako). So, no offense meant siguro ito ung lesson 3.
    This should be posted on the foreheads of all the drivers of provincial buses !!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I've had 1 semi-major accident in my life -- when I changed from a gas to a diesel vehicle. I realized it was a very difficult shift since the much slower acceleration rate of the diesel made me impatient -- not to mention the overly reclined seats at the time which lowered my situational awareness.

A few years after, I had a smallish accident that wasn't my fault. It was then I realized it was also important to PRAY since accidents are, by definition, unintentional.

After that, I rode for a couple of years with one of the WORST drivers I've ever been with but who, with God's grace, only had numerous small scrapes. I learned a lot from this.

I haven't had an accident since -- for at least a decade now.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If it rains, slow down, especially in the Philippines. I've had some close calls while riding a PUV.

Seatbelts save lives. Very very true. My wife's cousin had gotten into 3 rollovers in the snow. Yet, she survived them all because she wore her seatbelt. Her close friend also got into a snow/ice rollover. Unfortunately, she wasn't wearing a seatbelt when it happened. She was tossed out of her vehicle and was dead before she reached the hospital. Tsk tsk. The life of a pretty Fil-Am wasted so young....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [SIZE=3]Traffic Right of Way Rules are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]1) First Time Vehicle Rule[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]At all intersections without "stop" or "yield" signs, slow down and prepare to stop. Yield to vehicles already in the intersection or about to enter it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]2) Same Time Vehicle Rule[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]At all intersections without "stop" or "yield" signs (or with stops in all directions), yield to the vehicle on your right if it has reached the intersection at the same time as your vehicle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]3) Stop Signs[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Stop at any limit line or crosswalk. Yield to all approaching vehicles on the ‘through street’ (a street on which the through movement of traffic is given preference), go only when it is safe for you to cross. Approaching vehicles should slow down and allow you to get across safely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]4) Left Turn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Signal left turn and yield to approaching traffic until it is completely safe to finish the turn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]5) Rotonda[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Vehicles around the rotunda have the right-of-way over vehicles which are just about to enter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When entering a highway from a driveway, yield the right-of-way to traffic on the highway. Never insist on taking the right-of-way if other drivers are not following the rules, let them have the right-of-way even if it belongs to you to prevent possible accidents; however, do not always insist on others going ahead of you, slowing and stopping may delay the flow of traffic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]For more legal and socio-political issues, visit http://thelegallyinclined.wordpress.com/. Feel free to forward the link to your friends and colleagues. And leave some feedback if you can.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lc1 View Post
    [SIZE=3]Traffic Right of Way Rules are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]4) Left Turn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Signal left turn and yield to approaching traffic until it is completely safe to finish the turn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]5) Rotonda[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Vehicles around the rotunda have the right-of-way over vehicles which are just about to enter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When entering a highway from a driveway, yield the right-of-way to traffic on the highway. Never insist on taking the right-of-way if other drivers are not following the rules, let them have the right-of-way even if it belongs to you to prevent possible accidents; however, do not always insist on others going ahead of you, slowing and stopping may delay the flow of traffic.[/SIZE]
    ADD: When entering a highway coming from a Toll Booth/Gate, Gas Station, Street, etc. always start from the outer lane to "Speed Up" before merging to inner lane.

*Sometimes we do not notice that we are the cause of traffic or we slows down the traffic.*
    Last edited by Satio; September 29th, 2007 at 07:56 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nice safety first and always..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Seat belts are actually for your safety! They hold you/keeps you intact incase of an accident or an emergency brakes. I have seen a survivor from a rolled car, as he had his safety belt on just think in this line and gather your points for the speach!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post
    to admins and mods,

i think we should have a "safety" thread for the tsikot community.
    a simple reminder lang to our fellow motorists, passengers...there are incidents kasi na maaari nating maiiwasan if we practice safety.

if we love our family, its not too late... it should start from us.

Bro,
    May alam ba ayo kung saan makakabili ng TIRE PRESSURE WIRELESS MONITORING SYSTEM sa atin?
    Artlynn

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Safety