New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    RE: drinking and driving...naalala ko tuloy yung uncle ko na nagsabi na mas magaling siyang mag-drive pag nakainom...hayun RIP na pero hindi sa aksidente...kundi sa sobrang inom...kidney failure.

don't drink and drive...madaling sabihin pero pag nakainom na...wala ng pakialam at di na naalala ito...

ano nga ba ang reference pag uminom ang isang tao para wag ng mag drive? pag 2 bottles of beer or 2 shots of liquor ay dapat di na pwede?

or para mas safe kahit 1 lang ay di na pwede?
    It all depends on your body weight and what you are drinking. But as a good rule of thumb don't drive if you have a drink, since the saying is "don't drink and drive" meaning one drink.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks * redorange...guilty pala ako...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And finally, if you feel the road rage coming on? Go have a snack. Sit it out and wait a while, have a smoke or some chips.
    Hindi ba distraction din yan sa pagmamaneho?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hindeh! Eat at the gas station lang... not while driving...

For me, that's the best respite... sitting at a gas station having a snack... since I'm a certified tsikot addict, I spend the time car-watching.

It's also a good safety tactic... to avoid the stress, heat and danger of rush hour traffic by sitting it out once it gets heavy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ako naman I just let them pass kung sino man yon. Basta no physical contact with the two cars, ok lang sa akin just let them go. Just drive slow and relax, tune in to soft music. Rush hour traffic isn't really a rush, you just drive slowly, actually, so why not relax while driving and ignore those who qualify for the Good Squad watchlist?

It's also good to have a passenger with you. Magkwentuhan na lang kayo, tension reliever pa and you get to have a good laugh if somebody makes a fool of himself on the road.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    RE: drinking and driving...naalala ko tuloy yung uncle ko na nagsabi na mas magaling siyang mag-drive pag nakainom...

I remember ung cousin ko, sabi niya habang tinutungga ang fundador sa baso, mas magaling daw siya mag-drive pag lasing..ayun, palabas pa lang sa garahe ang ford explorer kasi ihahatid niya kami pauwi, sumayad na sa bakod nila ung sasakyan niya, tumumba ang pader ng garahe at muntik pa kaming mahulog sa kanal nila..ang ending, overnight na lang kami sa bahay nila..hehehe, kinabukasan, ayun, gastos...hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...kahet pag antok na antok wag na pilitin, pull over at a safe place at umidlip.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Ako nga eh, may kukunin lang ako sa glove box sa garahe, nagsiseatbelt pa eh!? hehehehe... joke.

SERIOUSLY... My in-laws still refuse to wear seatbelts even after my repeated parinigs. I mean how authoritative can I get to people who are twice my age? ang kukulet... ang masama, I'm sure hindi rin pinagsiseatbelt ang younger brother inlaw ko. haaay nako.

umaabot na kaming pagudpod and back without them wearing it. uncomfortable daw. AMF.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just refuse to drive. Or arrange an "accident" to scare them into it.

I scold my mother for not wearing a seatbelt. I can't do anything about it when we're riding the Crosswind (lapbelts in that tin can? Do they actually help?), but in the car, I'm the boss...
    :evil:

EDIT: Or maybe she's just scared of my driving... ...nah... that's not it... her driver is scarier than me... doesn't pay attention to the road!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    Ako nga eh, may kukunin lang ako sa glove box sa garahe, nagsiseatbelt pa eh!? hehehehe... joke.

SERIOUSLY... My in-laws still refuse to wear seatbelts even after my repeated parinigs. I mean how authoritative can I get to people who are twice my age? ang kukulet... ang masama, I'm sure hindi rin pinagsiseatbelt ang younger brother inlaw ko. haaay nako.

umaabot na kaming pagudpod and back without them wearing it. uncomfortable daw. AMF.
    I hope they won't learn it the hard way.

Just a while ago I was making a left turn but while entering the left turn lanes may biglang sumingit, eh it was so instinctive that I braked kagad tapos swerve siya sa lane niya to avoid me. He didn't look. If I had passengers at that time who are stubborn and don't want to wear the belts, sabihin ko, "pag hindi ako nakatigil kagad, walang titigil sa inyong sumalpok sa upuan ko hanggang isuot niyo yung seatbelts"

Then again, I'm in the US. New law here states that whoever doesn't wear the seatbelt will get ticketed provided the driver has warned them about it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Safety