New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    After my 2008 Vios was flooded, the OEM alarm and power lock doesn't work anymore.

If I decide to replace it with an aftermarket one, do you think it will work now?

I appreciate your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Babnoy View Post
    After my 2008 Vios was flooded, the OEM alarm and power lock doesn't work anymore.

If I decide to replace it with an aftermarket one, do you think it will work now?

I appreciate your inputs.
    Yes sir it will work.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Babnoy View Post

I appreciat
    e your inputs.

Advice lang po
    better wag nlang po. If your intension is for your car protection, better buy that mechanical steering wheel lock rather than that electronic alarm. Electronic alarm can be easily disabled by carnappers unlike that mechanical lock ng manubela. It needs time to remove that mechanical lock. At para matanggal ng carnappers, they need LAGARENG BAKAL.

Another, that electronic alarm and power locks are parasitic loads of the battery. Meaning they consume battery power eventhough your car is parked at home or elsewhere. Therefore your battery life easily shortens po.

We've been doing this po for so many years, mechanical lock ng steering wheel ang gamit nmin. And I always disabled that alarm n power lock ng mga vehicles namin. I really rely sa mechanical lock ng manubel

OK lang mabuksan ang vehicle but they will have hard time to get the vehicle. Carnapping po needs only seconds to accomplish.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Alam mo naman pag electonic pag nabasa ay madaling masira .Pwede mong palitan ng aftermarket na alarm at power lock iyan para gumana.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by electricx View Post
    [/color]
    Advice lang po[/color] better wag nlang po. If your intension is for your car protection, better buy that mechanical steering wheel lock rather than that electronic alarm. Electronic alarm can be easily disabled by carnappers unlike that mechanical lock ng manubela. It needs time to remove that mechanical lock. At para matanggal ng carnappers, they need LAGARENG BAKAL.

Another, that electronic alarm and power locks are parasitic loads of the battery. Meaning they consume battery power eventhough your car is parked at home or elsewhere. Therefore your battery life easily shortens po.

We've been doing this po for so many years, mechanical lock ng steering wheel ang gamit nmin. And I always disabled that alarm n power lock ng mga vehicles namin. I really rely sa mechanical lock ng manubel

OK lang mabuksan ang vehicle but they will have hard time to get the vehicle. Carnapping po needs only seconds to accomplish.
    Wouldn't this practice even make the work of thieves easier. Maputol lang yung lock, wala na. With the alarm, aside from cutting the wheel lock, thieves have to pry the hood open or dismantle the whole dashboard to disable the system. That would take them a few seconds longer to steal your car. Ikaw na nga rin nagsabi, carnapping only takes a few seconds.

Battery? 5,000 lang yan compared to losing your prized property.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How do the shops install alarms? Do they need to go under the dashboard to replace the OEM alarm or keyless entry receiver module?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by electricx View Post
    [/color]
    Advice lang po[/color] better wag nlang po. If your intension is for your car protection, better buy that mechanical steering wheel lock rather than that electronic alarm. Electronic alarm can be easily disabled by carnappers unlike that mechanical lock ng manubela. It needs time to remove that mechanical lock. At para matanggal ng carnappers, they need LAGARENG BAKAL.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hehehe...I am using both Electronic Car Alarm and "Old School" Steering Wheel Lock.
    I experienced sometimes na nagluko ang ECA ko dahil sa Freq Interference, gamit na gamit dito ang "Old School Device".

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    makakatulong din kaya yung steering lock dito? yung pag hindi nakasuksok yung susi at ginalaw mo maglalock siya. ginagawa ko kasi lagi ito.

Replacing OEM Alarm & Power lock