New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I called Honda and inquired about the Code alam that you mentioned. It costs 7,600 (less 10% na yun). Whatdapaakkk!!! They also have the AVT alarm that is at the same price as Titan. Which one would you recommend? OK din ba ang AVT?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    I called Honda and inquired about the Code alam that you mentioned. It costs 7,600 (less 10% na yun). Whatdapaakkk!!! They also have the AVT alarm that is at the same price as Titan. Which one would you recommend? OK din ba ang AVT?
    sir, the code alarm ok talaga... yung cousin ko nasama niya yung alarm sa swimming pool then blow dry lang and gumana ulit. hindi ko lang alam kung lucky lang or waterproof talaga.

for the titan and AVT.. havent heard of AVT, pero yung titan ok naman... draw back lang is habang tumatagal kailangan mo lumapit sa car mo for it to recieve the signal.

overall ok naman talaga sakin yung titan. i dont have to be far naman to turn on the alarm.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    sir, the code alarm ok talaga... yung cousin ko nasama niya yung alarm sa swimming pool then blow dry lang and gumana ulit. hindi ko lang alam kung lucky lang or waterproof talaga.

for the titan and AVT.. havent heard of AVT, pero yung titan ok naman... draw back lang is habang tumatagal kailangan mo lumapit sa car mo for it to recieve the signal.

overall ok naman talaga sakin yung titan. i dont have to be far naman to turn on the alarm.
    Maybe the range is caused by the battery being drained as you use it? Natry mo magpalit ng battery sa remote? Ang mahal kasi ng Code eh waaaah

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Maybe the range is caused by the battery being drained as you use it? Natry mo magpalit ng battery sa remote? Ang mahal kasi ng Code eh waaaah
    As long as it served the purpose and works fine, I think you don't need to have costly alarm system...practical ka dapat. Kahit mamahaling alarm pa naka kabit dyan kung intentionally e vandalize yung car mo walang magawa ang alarm dyan. So, as long as it works fine and doesn't easily get damaged...its the practical choice.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    titan is ok naman...just be aware that titan alarm sometimes have a weak signal...you have to put the remote so close to your unit before disabling the system...since honda yun unit and if you got some extra money to spare I suggest you go with the Code alarm
    I have both Titan and Code alarms installed in different vehicles. One of the Titan alarm's remote controllers malfunctioned during the first year (not a battery issue). I brought it numerous times to Honda and they fixed it but then it is broken again. The only solution now is to buy a replacement remote controller (P700 I think) but that is not the same shape and size as the original I got. BTW, the alarm is almost 4 years old.

As for the Code alarm, I think it varies on the model. I have a friend whose Code alarm works from over a hundred feet away while that I have is no good beyond 30 feet. I had this checked many times but Winterpine said they can't do anything more. Also, the siren unit is small (others have larger units that make a whole lot of noise - good deterrent). This Code alarm is less than 3 months old and it has not met my expectations completely.

As for AVT, I have no experience with this brand except for the HU of my Grand Starex (and we're talking alarms here). So I'd go for Code first (though it's more expensive) and Titan next.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir actually kahit anong palit ko sa battery ganon pa din.. well lalayo yung range ng about 10 feet kung bago battery pero little improvement lang. i get it to arm and disarm mga 5 feet normally. mahal talaga yung code alarm, lalo na if you get it from honda.

sa totoo lang, it dosent bother me about the range basta magarm lang yung alarm ok na ko... its just a plus if the range if like a 100 feet.

im just waiting for it to break (kung masira pa) para i could get the code with auto start.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by txtalert View Post
    I suggest u go for GSM car alarm like what we have been doing. Wala kang problem sa distance kasi GSM. We also incorporate it with a GPS so u can also track your unit using a free map software like Google Earth. Immobilize it remotely as well as lock/unlock the door, no problem. Your cellphone will be its controller or any cellphone will do provided u will let them know your password and the cell no of the unit installed in your car. Very effective and satisfied ka talaga sa performance. The best anti-carnapping and anti-carjacking talaga.
    GSM alarm is not available at Honda. I can't use other alarms because Honda will void my warranty if I have my car serviced outside casa.

With regard to the auto start feature, I don't think my City can have that because it has an immobilizer. The original key must be inserted to start the engine.

Maybe I'll try the Code alarm. Does anyone have a picture of the remotes of the Code, AVT, and Titan alarm? Google gives me too many results that confuses me.

I found this image from google, but I don't know which one Honda sells:
    http://kcautosound.net/promos/12_12_code-add.jpg

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    GSM alarm is not available at Honda. I can't use other alarms because Honda will void my warranty if I have my car serviced outside casa.

With regard to the auto start feature, I don't think my City can have that because it has an immobilizer. The original key must be inserted to start the engine.

Maybe I'll try the Code alarm. Does anyone have a picture of the remotes of the Code, AVT, and Titan alarm? Google gives me too many results that confuses me.

sir yung sa casa, all black yung code alarm remote.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Here's the website of Code Alarms : http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.c...vlet/index.jsp or
    www.code-alarm.com

Most models sold here are the low end models (if these are the ones under P10,000, these are usually CA100, CA110, CA120, and the like). I'd suggest the CA130 or CA150, depending on the budget. If the Honda City has built in keyless entry but no alarm, then get the CA310. Most of the new high end models available for 2008 would not yet be stocked in majority of the car accessories stores.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for all the inputs. I'll go see what Honda has.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Okay ba ang Titan Car Alarm