The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    $60?? Is it true??

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Both g1w and A119 are excellent bang for buck cams. The G1W is still a great buy since it has great pq and costs half of the A119.
    The problem with the G1W-series is there are too many fakes floating around. If I find one dirt-cheap, the probability of it being a fake is high. If I were to buy another G1W, I'd choose the newer Viofo G1W-S (newer lens and sensor). My G1W-C was made by Black Box.

I would like to buy either a Xiaomi Yi or an Anker Roav Dashcam C1 as a replacement. But, I think they will not take kindly to the heat over here. I think the A119 handles the desert heat better. My Spytec A119 also cost $79.95. Not too bad.

G1W-S:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another issue I have with the original G1W-C is its image quality is harder to optimize for the given conditions. I don't have to fiddle too much with the exposure settings of the Spytec A119. I can leave the EV exposure at 0 and be happy whether it's day or night, cloudy or sunny.

However, I found myself constantly adjusting the exposure settings of the G1W-C. On a cloudy or rainy day, it might be at 0. But, on a typically sunny day, the exposure settings might be at -1 (-3/3). Then, I have to change it again for night conditions. Too much work to get it just right.

Here, I have exposure at -1 (-3/3):

It could also be the desert heat. So, I'll continue testing the G1W-C when the weather cools down later this year.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 31st, 2017 at 06:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
I highly recommended this Dash Camera (affordable, well-built and captures bright videos at night)