New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    a good carnap detterent device is to place a kill switch to the fuel pump. Mapasok man oto mo, di nila mapapatakbo.

PLus wag ka na din mag iwan ng pwede nilang nakawin.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    a good carnap detterent device is to place a kill switch to the fuel pump. Mapasok man oto mo, di nila mapapatakbo.

How does this work? Any good places here that installs them?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    http://www.shattergard.com/vehiclegardhome.html

I wonder if there is a philippine dealer for this product.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    or atleast use a laptop lock cable at wrap mo lang sa railings ng seats.

Even with a laptop lock cable, having the laptop exposed is like having live BAIT to attract predators.

It is still best to keep all stuff, even empty bags, out of sight. Stow them in the trunk.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    How does this work? Any good places here that installs them?

Fuel cut off switch. Simply a switch that cuts off power to the electric fuel pump. Any small hidden switch can be used and this can used with or without the usual car alarm system.

Think of this as the fail-safe for car theft.

As for installers, any good car electrician can install it for you.

In my first car, I used a modified audio headphone plug as the actual switch. By pulling out the plug (and bringing it with me), the car's fuel pump will not activate. It can also double as an anti-carjacking device as it can be pulled out quickly and unnoticed if/when I am forced out of the car at gun point.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Fuel cut off switch. Simply a switch that cuts off power to the electric fuel pump. Any small hidden switch can be used and this can used with or without the usual car alarm system.

Think of this as the fail-safe for car theft.

As for installers, any good car electrician can install it for you.

In my first car, I used a modified audio headphone plug as the actual switch. By pulling out the plug (and bringing it with me), the car's fuel pump will not activate. It can also double as an anti-carjacking device as it can be pulled out quickly and unnoticed if/when I am forced out of the car at gun point.

Thanks... WOW! so it works like a manual immobilizer.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    to TS you're not alone in your plight...

if in your case is binasag ang window glass nyo, mine is ginamitan ng diamond glass cutter while raining hard that afternoon kaya walang alarm or siren whatsoever na narinig ang mga bingi at bulag na guwardiya ng Makro Dau right inside their parking area or better yet the best term is right in front of their noses...

considering that nun 1K PMS ko sa casa the first thing that i bought is Code Alarm System worth 9K pa nun, that time i dont mind the figures as long as it can serve its purpose BUT after 8 months & the incident i was disappointed w/ it altho invaluable items lang nakuha...+100 din sa advice na dont leave things inside lalo na visible sa naked eye ng mga thiefs - ang tataas pa naman ng vision ng mga yan, 10/10 na yata hehe

anyway in the long run i still believe in the system lalo na sa mga carnappers who just can't take away our ride that easily lalo na sa dami ng features ngaun ng mga alarms...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tama yung isang ka tsikot natin yung iba merong ginagawang kung anoano para madivert ang attention ng mga tao, katulad ng nangyari sa amin sa Island cove, nakacheck in kami noon, palabas na kami para kumain sa labas ng resort, kaya dala namin ang pera namin, since medyo maaga pa we decided na paglaruin ang bata sa grounds malapit sa concert area. habang naglalaro meron kaming nadidinig na kotseng nagaalarm pero naandoon naman ang may ari pinapabayaan lang nasa loob pa sila ng sasakayan, mayamaya umalis na ito, then pag balik namin nakita na lang namin bukas na ang pintuan ng sasakyan namin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    My ride is an adventure and isa pa din factor ay yung pinaradahan ko. medyo 100 meters from the bldg. and nasa dulo nako kasi that time madami ang nakaparada. I also use to put my bag sa floor only in that instant i lost focus and its not really as planned to be in my itenerary. Anyways, ingat na lang and charged it in my experience.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Baka masyado maingay sa building kaya di narinig ung alarm..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Even w/ Alarm nabasagan pa din ng window glass