New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    500-1000, and it also depends on where you go to have it installed.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks! any electronic shop kaya yun pwede ipagawa?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *ruelsdcz

Depends on how you coin your term of "nago-open ng door locks". If you mean by electronically emulating a physical way of opening the door locks (meaning magbubukas talaga ung pinto), that's an actuator for you. But if you mean "nago-open ng door locks" in terms of maga-unlock lang ung mga pinto, that's more of the purpose of the central locking system (You normally see this as a button in new vehicles that automatically locks/unlocks the doors, or if not, it can be integrated to the door lock of the driver's door) which costs around 500-1000 here.

Anyways, if you're an MTV Pimp My Ride watcher, if you were able to watch the episode wherein the pickup's door handles were removed and can only be opened through the alarm's remote, then that's a door actuator. What we're talking about here on the other hand is a trunk actuator, which is obviously applied on the trunk and not on the doors of the vehicle.

*rockstaremya

moe is right, and it is my bad to say that a trunk release actuator costs just 300 (and even 200 on my earlier posts) pesos. I stand corrected on that. I just visited a good electrician of mine and his charge for the actuator is 500. Good thing though is installation's free. Now, if you're planning to stick on your existing alarm, that wouldn't hurt, but as moe mentioned, it would be best to invest in a "decent" alarm unit (personally, taiwan types that costs about 2000 is already "decent"). But, assuming that you're going to stick with your existing alarm, then just prepare 500 pesos for the trunk actuator and 100 pesos additional for the fee on adding a delay on your alarm's unlock button to open the trunk.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir batang_raon...ty po for the info. saan po kya ako makakabili ng trunk release actuator?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    anywhere in Banawe or Evangelista, maraming electricians dyan ng sasakyan. If you want a specific shop to get it, check your inbox. Suki kong electrician un. :-)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks guys! big help talaga!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
electronic trunk open