New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    sorry ha but i mean... i can be convinced to wear a seatbelt easily... but redorange didnt sound like he was trying to convince me... more like reprimanding me...
    I wasn't reprimanding you. I was trying to understand your sense of reason based on your statement of the following "im just saying that wearing seatbelts arent common here. only 1 in about 50 people would wear one... i know its strict in other places but yeah... if it were required by the law, it would be no problem for me... ". It's like saying suicide isn't against the law so I will do it, but if they make a law that prohibits suicide then I won't do it. Why do you need a law to keep you from killing yourself? Isn't the act of self preservation important enough in itself? That's what seatbelts are meant to do save your life in an accident. Obviously you haven't been involved in an accident where the seatbelt saved your life or one of your loved ones. I hope you are never involved in such an accident because if you aren't wearing your seatbelt then you'll just be another statistic and a story I will watch on TFC.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ookay... another question... even if i wear seatbelts, when im about to hit something, its a habit na i press the horn hard... when the airbags go off while pressing the horn, its a bad thing noh?
    Where did you learn to drive? How can one develop a habit on almost hitting something?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    im actually worried that the airbags will go off when i dont want it to... and i dont want to get deaf or anything coz they said theres a very very loud sound when airbags go off...
    You have internet, I suggest you Google about airbags.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mbeige, the video is no longer available.

Anyway, here's the THINK! SAFETY tv ad.

Three Strikes

That's at less than 30 mph, which is the standard speed limit for UK city driving.

I hope the TS realizes that wearing a seatbelt sometimes is just like playing russian roulette ...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I wasn't reprimanding you. I was trying to understand your sense of reason based on your statement of the following "im just saying that wearing seatbelts arent common here. only 1 in about 50 people would wear one... i know its strict in other places but yeah... if it were required by the law, it would be no problem for me... ". It's like saying suicide isn't against the law so I will do it, but if they make a law that prohibits suicide then I won't do it. Why do you need a law to keep you from killing yourself? Isn't the act of self preservation important enough in itself? That's what seatbelts are meant to do save your life in an accident. Obviously you haven't been involved in an accident where the seatbelt saved your life or one of your loved ones. I hope you are never involved in such an accident because if you aren't wearing your seatbelt then you'll just be another statistic and a story I will watch on TFC.

Aaaah forget it bro, let theme live to learn their mistake's if things happen.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Aaaah forget it bro, let theme live to learn their mistake's if things happen.
    Agreed, we can only do so much.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    basta tandaan mo nalang na huwag kang magrely sa passive safety ng airbag, iba parin ang active safety ng seatbelt. yan ang lagi kong naaalala na turo ng erpat ko sakin nung bago palang ako magdrive. lagi niya sinasabi na kapag ako na daw ang may hawak ng manibela, kalahati ng katawan ko ay nasa hukay na, kapag nagbuckle up ako ng seatbelt hanggang tuhod nalang, di ko malimutan kaya ginagawa ko palagi at kasama sa binayaran mo sa kotse yung seatbelt e di gamitin mo na para sulit hehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    basta tandaan mo nalang na huwag kang magrely sa passive safety ng airbag, iba parin ang active safety ng seatbelt. yan ang lagi kong naaalala na turo ng erpat ko sakin nung bago palang ako magdrive. lagi niya sinasabi na kapag ako na daw ang may hawak ng manibela, kalahati ng katawan ko ay nasa hukay na, kapag nagbuckle up ako ng seatbelt hanggang tuhod nalang, di ko malimutan kaya ginagawa ko palagi at kasama sa binayaran mo sa kotse yung seatbelt e di gamitin mo na para sulit hehe
    I agree with you bro gamitin lahat nag option sa ating sasakyan tutal atin itong binayaran para nga naman sulit. Pero pa alala huwag subukan gamitin ang airbag dahil matindi ang kapalit nito hehehehehehehe. lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Do airbags activate if you aren't wearing your seatbelt?