New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Even 2.4A chargers are too slow for modern Android phones. Batteries are too big and drain too quickly.

A 2A charger is enough for my iPhone, but definitely not my Note 5.

Which is why I use this - a Capdase QuickCharge 3.0 car charger that outputs 18W (9V 2A) which is much more than the 12W of an ordinary 5V 2.4A charger, with less heat.

Just 990 pesos for a 3-port car charger that gets your 3000+ mAh phone from 0-90% in about an hour.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Sir kung magcharge ka ng tatlo sabay2.. how much output would each get and okay lang ba sa kotse ito?

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel20 View Post
    Sir kung magcharge ka ng tatlo sabay2.. how much output would each get and okay lang ba sa kotse ito?

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    12W each for the 2 normal ports, 18W for the QC port - total of 42W.

Not a problem at all for the car, that's a very small load.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I even use the cig lighter port for a portable vacuum cleaner and a portable cooler. No big deal.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bought it from Capdase in SM Megamall Cyberzone.

Another sulit buy is a quick-charge powerbank (since most powerbanks just offer the standard 2.4A output). Asus ZenPower 10050 mAh for only 1.2k. Capdase also has one, 1.7k - this is what I bought cuz nauna ko makita, but mas sulit yung Asus since same specs, cheaper price.

Thanks bro. Will drop by Cyberzone when we go to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by aar0nix View Post
    If you don't have time going to the mall you can use Lazada and buy this as an alternative. No annoying LED lights, and has 3 ports perfect if you also have a dashcam.

Been using Tronsmart C3PTA for 5 months already on my cars, phones never heat up even when quick charging. ;)
    I know it's unnecessary, but I actually like the LED light. Tells me at a glance it's still working. Just a bit of a nuisance at night.

What phones do you quick charge without getting warm? With the S7e even the oem charger warms it up sometimes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    What phones do you quick charge without getting warm? With the S7e even the oem charger warms it up sometimes.
    Iphone 6,7, Ipad, Lenovo A7000

Slight warming is normal but getting hot to the touch never happens, as it did with generic car chargers I have used before.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGa View Post
    Yikes!! hilig ko pa naman i double click yung power window (4) buttons just to be sure kung sagad na yung sara ng bintana, but i'm doing this while the car is running. Am i abusing the battery or the alternator? i'm using a plug-in voltmeter and notice that evertime i doubleclick those power window button, the rating drops from 14.0 to 12.9. Lakas pala kumain ng current ang power windows. Thanks Sir Niky for the diagram illustration.
    The alternator can take it, naman.

But one way to check the electrical health of an old car (when buying secondhand) is to turn on all the lights and use all four power windows at the same time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The alternator can take it, naman.

But one way to check the electrical health of an old car (when buying secondhand) is to turn on all the lights and use all four power windows at the same time.
    Like that old Motolite (was it Motolite or Oriental?) commercial? :D
    Last edited by vinj; April 25th, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Thanks Sir Niky for the tip, ako naman, old school way of testing the battery is headlight on muna before switching the engine, if the headlights blinks upon starting the engine, pahina na daw battery, dunno if that is reliable but ginagawa ko ehehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bought it from Capdase in SM Megamall Cyberzone.

Another sulit buy is a quick-charge powerbank (since most powerbanks just offer the standard 2.4A output). Asus ZenPower 10050 mAh for only 1.2k. Capdase also has one, 1.7k - this is what I bought cuz nauna ko makita, but mas sulit yung Asus since same specs, cheaper price.

Bro Asus power banks is cheaper at CMK.

Asus Zenfones Latest Pricelist Philippines 217

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Aukey CC-01, 4 port USB, upto 2.4A per port. Around 800 lang. Mahigit 1 year na sakin

Lahat ng gadgets ng tropa ay full charged. Kahit naka GPS, wifi and music in bluetooth sabay it still charged the phone fast enough kahit hindi Qualcomm QC yung charger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disadvantages charging your devices using car lighter charger