New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The door can't be unlocked from outside if the key fob is inside the vehicle ... but does it really make a difference if there's only a piece of glass in between a gun and your head?
    Thank you for the input sir! Will definitely try a keyless entry vehicle and just see for myself. Btw sir, yes it does po especially if the windows are bulletproofed, but then again if it won't unlock if the key fob is inside than that's a good feature.

But just a random thought again, will it be impossible for to jump start a manual transmission vehicle with a push start/stop system?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad_Goals View Post

But just a random thought again, will it be impossible for to jump start a manual transmission vehicle with a push start/stop system?
    Just like any other car, you can jump start it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Actually, one should avoid jump starting vehicles with sensitive electronics ... there are certain vehicles that should not be jump started ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thank you for the input sir! Will definitely try a keyless entry vehicle and just see for myself. Btw sir, yes it does po especially if the windows are bulletproofed, but then again if it won't unlock if the key fob is inside than that's a good feature.

oo nga naman...
    i don't have one, so i am curious...
    how does one turn on the engine electricity in these cars?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oo nga naman...
    i don't have one, so i am curious...
    how does one turn on the engine electricity in these cars?
    The Keyless Entry circuitry is always on monitoring the key fob. Activating the Keyless Entry will turn ON/OFF the accessories circuitry including the push start system.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    I think it will stop. Because I didn't seen any car is running without a key.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017

It is not impossible but, can be very dangerous, the engine might knok, so why try?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Actually, one should avoid jump starting vehicles with sensitive electronics ... there are certain vehicles that should not be jump started ...
    There's really no to very low risk of anything that could go wrong as long as:

1. The polarity is correct
    2. The system voltage of thw two vehicles are identical
    3. The cables are installed with the ignition switch off

It's really no different than connecting an outbord battery charger to the vehicle or plugging in a jump-start power brick through the cig lighter socket.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... will it be impossible for to jump start a manual transmission vehicle with a push start/stop system?
    will you please clarify your question?

1) if you are referring to using jumper cables from donor car battery ... or

2) you are referring to push-start the "manual" car to start the engine?

If case 1, using jumper cables will work on both "manual" and "matic" cars

If case 2, yes it is possible, as the push/start button can TURN ON the engine electricals without starting (e.g. if you don't step on the brakes) on the second push. The first push will only turn on accessories. So basically, the button behaves like the conventional key switch. The third push wil return to OFF.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234