New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when my (non-honda) door lock/unlock died, i took it to banawe. the guy got the assembly out of the door, and replaced the small electric motor, all for less than 2 K. all done in less than an hour.

buying a replacement part without knowing first what is wrong with yours, might be an expensive proposition.
    I didn't just decide to replace it blindly. I'm 45 and all my life has been dedicated to breaking and rebuilding stuff.

Of course I did due diligence and confirmed that the part was actually defective before ordering a replacement. And in my case, it wasn't the electric motor, rather, a small gear that has cracked and started slipping from its shaft is what's causing me a lot of greef.

I figured that I just get it over with and looked for the whole assembly. I eventually found one from a wrecked 2011 Civic (USDM) posted on eBay for $48. Part numbers were almost identical but more importantly, they looked exactly the same.

I replaced the whole assembly myself.

Spending just a little under 2.5k* for the whole latch assembly (including S&H), it's a bargain. I got to learn about the innards of the car door pa.

*Note: My earlier estimate was based on the current Forex. The Forex rate at the time I bought it (March, 2014) was just around P45 to the US Dollar.
    Last edited by oj88; October 11th, 2017 at 01:00 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I didn't just decide to replace it blindly. I'm 45 and all my life has been dedicated to breaking and rebuilding stuff.

Of course I did due diligence and confirmed that the part was actually defective before ordering a replacement. And in my case, it wasn't the electric motor, rather, a small gear that has cracked and started slipping from its shaft is what's causing me a lot of greef.

I figured that I just get it over with and looked for the whole assembly. I eventually found one from a wrecked 2011 Civic (USDM) posted on eBay for $48. Part numbers were almost identical but more importantly, they looked exactly the same.

I replaced the whole assembly myself.

Spending just a little under 2.5k* for the whole latch assembly (including S&H), it's a bargain. I got to learn about the innards of the car door pa.

*Note: My earlier estimate was based on the current Forex. The Forex rate at the time I bought it (March, 2014) was just around P45 to the US Dollar.
    well, you did omit this little tidbit of information, from your original post...
    but i am happy, that some folks still tinker with their cars, the old-fashioned way.

errr... grief po. grief.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 11th, 2017 at 01:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, you did omit this little tidbit of information, from your original post...
    but i am happy, that some folks still tinker with their cars, the old-fashioned way.

errr... grief po. grief.
    Yeah, well, it was right about midnight and my spelling skills went to bed ahead of me.

All those Peanuts comic books I've read as a child going to waste, I've put shame upon Charlie Brown.... Good grief!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yeah, well, it was right about midnight and my spelling skills went to bed ahead of me.

All those Peanuts comic books I've read as a child going to waste, I've put shame upon Charlie Brown.... Good grief!
    heh heh heh.
    ok lang yan. na-i-intindihan naman, e.

now, if only we can do the same to "breaks"...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Frijolito View Post
    Magandang hapon mga chief!

Tanong lang sana ako saan okay magpagawa ng car door lock?

Bale all 4 doors are functioning well, then yung back door di na sumusunod sa unlock. So palagi lang siya nakalock.

Any tips kung saan okay magpagawa?

Maraming salamat!
    Boss, buksan mo may natanggal lang po yan sa loob, ganyan din sa akin dati yong door ko sa right side sa hulihan ayaw din sumabay kapag lock at unlock meron lang akong kinabit kc natanggal diko lang alam ano tawag don naka-kalawit sya yun lang napansin ko na nakatanggal sya yung tumutulak ng unlock at lock. buksan mo tapos pindot pindutin mo remote makikita yun gumagalaw... sana makatulong ako...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Do you have an alarm / keyless entry installed?

If yes, lumuwag lang sa actuator yan and pwede mo ipagawa sa nagkakabit ng alarm

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk
    Same problem po tau. Sa batangas po kaya merun kaya magaling gumawa pero mura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12