New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps,

My friends and I always have problems with aftermarket door powerlocks during the rainy season. It's either they get grounded internally or they stuck-up. Is there a good brand out there that you would recommend? Where to buy and how much? :P

Is there a way to prevent those problems?

What's your secret? :mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we share the same sentiment din pala with regards to door locks.......it always happened to me before.......pati power windows ko minsan ayaw gumana.....get stuck.....one possible cause is nababasa yung motor ng lock......check mo yung rubber guide sa salamin mo......baka tumatagos ang tubig........try tracing it by dismantling your door sidings.....then pour water to your window (closed) then trace the water flow.......try putting silicon gel sa leak....that shoul do the trick........:D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,

For replacements, do you know of a more reliable brand?

thanks!:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by N3IL53N
    we share the same sentiment din pala with regards to door locks.......it always happened to me before.......pati power windows ko minsan ayaw gumana.....get stuck.....one possible cause is nababasa yung motor ng lock......check mo yung rubber guide sa salamin mo......baka tumatagos ang tubig........try tracing it by dismantling your door sidings.....then pour water to your window (closed) then trace the water flow.......try putting silicon gel sa leak....that shoul do the trick........:D

hhhmmm... masubukan nga...

Has anyone tried to make their powerlocks waterproof? Like sealing the plastic seams or the rubber boot at the ends?

How about putting it inside an uninflated balloon or condom with just the wires and moving parts sticking out?

Has anyone done this??

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what i did? I enclosed those rubber boots with silicon gel.......never put it inside an uninflated balloon.....it will gather moist and may damage your motor......regarding brands......di ko alam kung anong brand ang maganda.....kasi.....binili ko yung doors ng liteace ko with the locks, windows and side mirrors sa auction......all power na siya.....centralized door locks na din pati yung malaking door sa likod......japanese version......:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    neilsen, how much for the doors? saan mo nabili? i've been thinking of that mod for sometime now, info naman diyan pls. btw, i'll have the liteace washovered in december, kaya im interested.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jimbob try going to subic......sa auction ko nabili yun eh......I bid on it for 12,000/set (2 front doors and the rear door).......or kung wala ka nang makita......try buying the side mirrors for the Revo.....pareho lang sila ng sukat........:D

here's a pic of my ride.......

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasya ba talaga yung sa revo? yung friend ko sa banawe jdm na side mirrors, 1.5k ang bigay niya sa akin, ok na ba yun? i also bought from him yung liteace na badge sa front (instead of toyota) for Php150. btw, nice ride, clean.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareho lang yung sa Revo......pero pwede na yung jdm for 1.5k........baka naman may emblem siya (oval) na binebenta? tnx :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balik tayo sa powerlocks :P Anymore suggestions??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Aftermarket PowerLocks