New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I have a friend who owns a Toyota Camry. His car is equipped with the smart entry and push-start engine. He once had a problem because his remote control battery malfunctioned. He had no idea how to unlock his car because with the smart entry his car has no keys. Luckily, after a moment his remote controlled functioned. He immediately started his car a bought new battery.

He shared this story to me when he knew I am carrying a product like that. He asked me how will we cope up with that same problem for our product. For POWERTEC PKE, we have this feature called "emergency decoding". We can unlock and start the car even if we lost the remote control of if the remote control's battery got drained.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda View Post
    this is true. you can still start the engine by inserting the key (mine is located in the arm rest box) to start the engine.

Yep. I guess this is a standard feature for all push start system.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertec View Post
    I have a friend who owns a Toyota Camry. His car is equipped with the smart entry and push-start engine. He once had a problem because his remote control battery malfunctioned. He had no idea how to unlock his car because with the smart entry his car has no keys. Luckily, after a moment his remote controlled functioned. He immediately started his car a bought new battery.

He shared this story to me when he knew I am carrying a product like that. He asked me how will we cope up with that same problem for our product. For POWERTEC PKE, we have this feature called "emergency decoding". We can unlock and start the car even if we lost the remote control of if the remote control's battery got drained.
    Hindi ba dalawa yung remote key?
    (hopefully may alternative naman pala, "emergency decoding".)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Hindi ba dalawa yung remote key?
    (hopefully may alternative naman pala, "emergency decoding".)
    We have 2 remote cards but 1 card is for emergency use only if your primary card's battery got drained.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertec View Post

Doesn't the Camry's remote have a hidden key inside to open the doors? My Prado's remote has one. And if the remote's battery got drained, just hold the remote against the push-start button for a while and you can start the car.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Doesn't the Camry's remote have a hidden key inside to open the doors? My Prado's remote has one. And if the remote's battery got drained, just hold the remote against the push-start button for a while and you can start the car.
    Pardon me as I didn't get the full details of his troubleshooting. It was just a phone call conversation. He asked me about my product's function. If we meet up, I will ask him the full details.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    spare battery for your remote would be nice to have in the glove compartment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12