New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjr View Post
    OpenStreetMap Philippines has a compatible map for Garmin and is updated frequently. It can be downloaded for free at http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin. You can contribute to the OpenStreetMap project at OpenStreetMap.

This is the one I am using for the Nuvi 1300 that my friend bought from the US last month.
    Hi, Just got my nuvi 50lm.

Which file/s do I have to download and in wha location in the microsd? Do I have to create a certain folder name?

Thanks in Advanced!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    download the compressed gmapsupp.img file. extract it using winzip or similar program. Get a microsd card. Make a folder named garmin on the microsd card. copy the extracted gmasupp.img file into the garmin folder. Put the microsd card in your gps. Go to settings on your GPS. Look for maps and choose the new map.
    Last edited by userfriendly; August 24th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    download the compressed gmapsupp.img file. extract it using winzip or similar program. Get a microsd card. Make a folder named garmin on the microsd card. copy the extracted gmasupp.img file into the garmin folder. Put the microsd card in your gps. Go to settings on your GPS. Look for maps and choose the new map.
    Thanks sir. Will also try that. As of now, I was able to load the philippine map via Mapsource. Although nakuha ko na din itong gmapsupp.img. Alin po pa ang mas ok (detailed and recent updates)?

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Sir! I have just bought Philips HU with Nav and with pre-intalled NDrive map but I dont like it and want to replace it with OSM Garmin, is possible. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Which is better in terms of poi search?contributors rg map or garmin city navigator (latest version)?

Im currently using the rg contributors map but planning to switch to latest city navigator from garmin so i will be able to use the junction/lane assist.

Can someone help me to decide?pros and cons in terms of
    1.poi search
    2.routing
    3.detailed map

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mga sir pa help, philippine map. Kakabili ko lang Garmin Nuvi 2445

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1401555873734.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sir may updates na po b tayo sa philippine map, thank you!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    i used "here" sa cp ko as my navi, the best offline navi!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    for those guys who PMed me, please include your email addresses. i am going to try to send it thru email. i just don't know if pwedi dahil sa size ng file. garmin phils. gave it to me on a micro SD card kasi.

by the way, I AM NOT SELLING IT. i bought it from garmin but would not mind sharing it with my fellow tsikoteers.

Hey bro, I have a Garmin Nuvi 50 which my dad gave to me from US. May I have the permission to have that Philippine Map ?
    Thanks in advance.